What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Amazon to release tv shows on dvd (on per order basis)!... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Here is the article.....
This could be good news for short-run or obscure shows that may not get a wide release. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Interesting idea. I'd be more excited if it included older series. From reading the info, it reads that this idea is mainly for current series.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... Basically, it looks like iTunes for people who hate the whole "having it right away" bit. And need boxes.

Sure, granted, we're probably talking full resolution here, but givent he library they're talking about, I don't know how popular a trade-off that will be.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
You're right, Jason--can't wait for that dog show dvd... [rolls eyes]

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, don't dis the dog show. Those are fun to watch while waiting for Thanksgiving dinner to be ready. :)

I'm just saying, unless Amazon gets deep into the catalogs, what we're looking at here is iTunes with (+) better resolution but (-) a couple days to arrive. It's not that there's no market for the content - what the networks have done with iTunes and the like shows there is - but I don't know if this is really a convenient product.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
If it isn't just shows as they air, I'd be interested in it--especially if they release future Apprentice and Contender seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks