What's new

Alternatives to get CBS-HD feed in small market (1 Viewer)

Brian Glaeske

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure that I'm not the only one on this forum that lives in a small market where:
  • You CBS affiliate has no plans for broadcasting HDTV in the next year to two.
  • Can't get a waiver to get CBS-HD from DishNetwork
What can we do? Can we sue? Write letters to our congressman? Write letters to the FCC?
I kindly asked my CBS affiliate for the waiver and they replied, "we don't grant waivers based upon television capability".
Looking for solutions...
Brian G.

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
You might just need to "move". Find out if you have a relative or close friend that lives in an area where they will allow the feed and just "move" your dish there. let them send your bill there and pay your dish network bill over the internet. I know a few people that have done this. Also look at "accquring" an RV. I know a few people that have done that also. They get special treatment for network feeds. I know this all seems slightly un-ethical but we own the airwaves not the local affialiates. They serve us we are not there to serve them. So they can kiss my ass. We can't look for our congressman to look out for us anymore becuase of all the money involved in campaign contributions so sometimes you just have to take your best interests into your own hands.
Kevin C. :angry:

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Kevin,
My girlfriend lives in a city in CT that qualifies for ALL Networks via DISH. I live in a city that does not. So, if I understand you correctly, I can buy the system, say from Sears. They install it. I then call DISH to activate and give my girlfriend's address? Or have her call with me and WE set it up at her place as the address? Is this correct?
Feel free to answer me via email at msp1518&ntplx.com if you do not want to go in depth here.
Having the ability to view Networks via DISH, watch CBS in HD and dump my pathetic, noisy, always crapping out on me Cable, would be a gift from God.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I have had Dish for quite a while and I installed it myself. So it was easier for me to move and just call them. If I were you I would buy it from Sears and install it yourself if possible wherever you want. Or you I suppose could let Sears install it and then you could call Dish and activate it yourself and then give them whatever address you want. The only probelm with this is you will not be able to buy pay-Per views becuase the receiver would have to call in using your phone line.
Kevin C. :)

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
I could care less about pay per view. I'd rather get the big 4 and CBS-HD. I'll get HBO and Showtime HD, so that will satisfy my movie craving. :) I also cannot install the system myself. My landlord would not permit it. It has to be professional or not at all.
------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks