What's new

Ally MacBeal Finale (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
Just got done watching this and I have to say...Kelly did a REALLY nice job of summing things up!

Not a ton of surprises...and there were more than a couple of exclusions, but all in all a nice send off.

I am going to miss this show! One can hope they do a TV movie as a follow up at some point. Don't miss this one!

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Agreed, Scooter!

While the show was by nature often a bit hit-or-miss, it created its own wonderfully madcap universe, from the characters themselves, to the music cues and fantasy sequences. David Kelley helmed a breath of fresh air with this one.

Powered by perhaps the best ensemble cast around, this show entertained for a solid 5 years. I feel this year petered out a bit, so it was probably a good time to say goodbye.

The finale did a good job of saying farewell to a show full of life, love and music. I'll miss it!

Bleddyn

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I really wished the Biscuit had some balls and followed Ally to New York.

Are Renee and Georgia working in New York now?

Hated the reason for Ally's departure from Boston. Lame-o.

Oh well, it was a sad, melancholy, weepy finale. I almost shedded a tear at the end.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I had the same reaction to the reason for Ally's sudden move to NY that Patrick did -- lame. The writers didn't put much thought or effort into that one.
I thought at the end there that Nell might come out of the closet with her feelings for Ally (art imitates life...). :)
Rob

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I was soaking myself in tears with this one. It hurt so much to have to say goodbye to all of the characters. They're the best written characters on TV and possibly any other medium right now. I felt tremendous loss after this was over.

~Kevin

David Paymer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Paymer
Good finale overall. Gonna miss Jane Krakowski (Elaine).

Not gonna miss "Claire Otoms" at all. *shudder*

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Actually, with the final three or four weeks, I had a sinking feeling they were going to try much to hard to wrap things up in a tidy package. It started with the Elaine episode where she auditioned for "A Chorus Line." I was thinking they were going to send her off with her own happy ending there, but they didn't. They did force the issue a tad too much with Richard and Liza, I thought. But leaving Ally's love life unresolved was rather appropriate and pleasantly surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks