What's new

All Things Godzilla (1 Viewer)

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Nope.

They're late. Hopefully before the end of the year. I want Latitude Zero from Media Blasters, too!

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
What I dont understand is why TOHO has not yet restored and done a Lowery 4k transfer of GOJIRA-its one of their crown jewels-their CITIZEN KANE-well, maybe their GWTW...I purchased the BFI edition which has been noted as the highest quality transfer, but geez-still so dark, full of cuts spots drop outs and other obvious damage. 2004 was GOJIRAs 50th Anniversary-yet they let it pass...

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Did anyone hear about Godzilla Box Set that Classic Media will be releasing on November 6?

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Since I killed this thread...
I'd like to resurrect it!

LUV'd Monster Zero, what else to buy in the TOHO releases?
Thanks.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Well my favorite TOHO's from this era that are on Region 1 are:

Godzilla (Gojira) - has some PQ issues but it's watchable
Godzilla vs. Mothra (1964)
Godzilla vs. Monster Zero - which you already have
Ghidorah
King Kong vs. Godzilla - dubbed only :thumbsdown:
Godzilla Raids Again
The Mysterians
Atragon

Favorites not on R1:
Destroy All Monsters - but I think there's a R1 dubbed version but it may me OOP.
Rodan
Mothra
War of the Gargantuas

I guess you could call these recommendations.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
You are correct! I'd forgotten but cut/dubbed only releases are easy for me to forget. ;)

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
The R1, ADV Destroy All Monsters sucks. Get the R4 (Australian), PAL DAM DVD. Very close in quality to the R2, Toho disc.

Rodan and War of the Gargantuas are coming (eventually...) from Classic Media. Looking like it might be early next year.

Mothra was announced for a R2, UK release from DD Home Entertainment Ltd, but the co. has since gone belly-up (!). They have been bought out by someone else, but who knows if their reported Mothra release will see the light of day.

And - for God's sake! - don't forget Latitude Zero coming from Media Blasters on Dec. 11!

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit
I wanna know what's happened to Godzilla: The Original Animated Series Volume Three. It looks like it's been cancelled again, because Amazon have changed it to "notify when available" and DVDPacific haven't listed it at all.

It's supposed to be due on Tuesday 2nd.

Do Classic ever manage to meet a release date?

Med

Stunt Coordinator

Rumour has it that these delayed titles - which also include a number of Columbia owned Hammer movies - will be released Spring 2008.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

I have both DOM and Mothra, widescreen uncut and subbed so I'll probably stick with these until there's an official NTSC version (if ever).

Great news about WOTG and Rodan. I can finally retire my "unofficial" versions.

I've never seen LZ but it's good to hear it's got a new date. It fell off my radar after it was cancelled the last time.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I've picked up all of the Japanese/English Widescreen releases so far and love them. I'm glad to see that All Monster Attack and Terror of Mecha-Godzilla are going to be released soon, based on the trailers on Invasion of the Astro-Monster and Ghidorah. I hope we get the same treatment for Godzilla Vs Megalon, one of my favourites. I have Rodan but would gladly double dip for a widescreen and original Japanese edition

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
On their website, Classic Media insists they do not have the rights to Megalon, though they also seem not to know who owns the rights after Goodtimes' rights expired. The rights may be in limbo.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
Thanks for the info :) I only looked at godzillaondvd.com and only saw the already released titles on there. That's too bad about Megalon.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
and I keep wondering why TOHO are not giving one of its crown jewels-GOJIRA (1954) the full 4k Lowery restoration.
I have the latest BFI box, and it looks pretty tattered

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Because Toho is bizarrely anal about restoration for reasons that make little to no sense (revisionism or something like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks