What's new

All the President's Men Question (1 Viewer)

Jorossy

Stunt Coordinator
I have recently purchased this movie on dvd after playing the hell out of my tape. Guess what?, the dvd looks worse than the tape.

Now here is the kicker. One of the Encore channels on my dish is showing this movie. It looks great. It looks like a recently restrored print.

I am wondering if this movie is going to be re-released on dvd in the near future. I don't what to have to tape this and chuck my dvd. It looks so bad that if I did tape it off of the dish it would probably look better.

Does anyone have and info on this?

Thanks.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I do suspect we'll get a Special Edition re-release soon, but I was disappointed that nothing came this year, which was the 25th Anniversary of the film. Such a fine movie deserves a better looking DVD. Ditch the fullscreen, make a dual-layered disc, maybe a nice featurette, keep the $19.99 price, and I'm there.

This is one of my favorite conspiracy movies, but I never bought the dvd after hearing so many negative comments about the transfer. Bring on the SE!

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I'm resurrecting this old, old thread to see if there has been any news of a 2-disc SE of this classic coming this year. This movie along with Maltese Falcon would be perfect canidates for 2-disc SE's

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
It's possible that this film was remastered by Lowry Digital Images and I think WB has mentioned that it's a good contender for an SE.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
This would make a great 2-Disc SE. Ironically, I just got this for Christmas this last year. The transfer is bad, but the audio could use a bit of a boost too. It was almost impossible to hear at some points.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks