What's new

All In One HTIB (1 Viewer)

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I tried to talk him out of it, but my co-worker wants to get a HTIB with the DVD player and receiver as one unit. What are some of the good all in one units.
Yes, I know at Kenwood HIB-504 and a $100 dvd player is better but he does not want "another box".
Do any of the All In One HITB's have a digital audio input and a S-Video input?
Im going to do my own research buy and help would be well, helpful. ;) -Arthur King of the Britons

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
I think Kenwood actually sells another HTiB system with a DVD player in it, retailing for about $700. I forget the model number (its like 805), but you can check it out at kenwood's website, or your local Sears.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Allan, don't give up so easy. Tell your friend that when you asked for recommendations someone on the message board told you how happy he was when his DVD player broke down that he hadn't bought one of those stupid all-in-one boxes.
It hasn't personally happened to me, but you don't have to tell him that part. ;)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
that argument, while valid, wouldn't apply if he bought an HTiB without DVD player, would it? e.g. I currently have a Yamaha Cinemastation VS-10 (amp + speakers + sub only) hooked to a Pioneer 535K. very good results for the limited money it cost.
(of course, I'm sure my coming set-up of Marantz SR8200, Mission Cinema 8 and SVS 25-31PCi will blow the Yammie set out of the water, but that's another story -- as well as budget level... :D )
otherwise, if your colleague is dead-set on an all-in-one system, other nice ones to look at are the Sony Dream system line-up (there are at least three different versions, with different capabilities -- and prices) or the Pioneer sets, some of which look very nice indeed -- Bose styling (indeed, better?) but without Bose rip-off prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks