What's new

All in one Firewall, virus, spyware product? (1 Viewer)

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Trend Micro software is admittedly light and barely hinders performance as opposed to resource hogs such as Norton. However, you may want to visit AV-Test.org before making up your mind. Based on their recent attack test of 206 currently circulating variants, Trend Micro rather surprisingly let through 63 of these. Basically, that level of protection sucks and I wouldn't pay for such software. There are much better alternatives out there that do a decent job of protecting your computer.

I use F-Secure which contains everything you're looking for in one convenient package.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Marko,

My subscription with PC-Cillin is up
in three or four months.

Just out of curiosity, can you provide us
with more information about F-Secure?

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
I don't really want to recommend any product over another since I have little experience in other anti-virus packages. I use F-Secure at home and at work. My opinion of other software is mostly based on what I learn online.

I'd suggest downloading a trial version of software you're interested in and trying it out before making a commitment.

I will say that F-Secure does not seem to be a resource hog, although the software does take a while to start up after rebooting. I use it on old computers without problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks