What's new

Alita: Battle Angel (2019) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Anyone have any facts to dispute the Forbes assumptions?
Studios are notoriously sketching when revealing actual cost and break evens on anything.

It’s all assumptions.

I’m sure Paramount and Fox still show Titanic in the red. ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
According to Bill Hunt, "Alita: Battle Angel" is going to get a combo 4K/UHD & 3-D release which is the only way you can get the 3-D version in the States. Looks like James Cameron still has some pull with Fox/Disney.;) Apparently, we don't know if it's an exclusive, but I'll be buying this combo release, no matter if it is or not on July 23rd.

http://digitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/051719-1600

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
According to Bill Hunt, "Alita: Battle Angel" is going to get a combo 4K/UHD & 3-D release which is the only way you can get the 3-D version in the States. Looks like James Cameron still has some pull with Fox/Disney.;) Apparently, we don't know if it's an exclusive, but I'll be buying this combo release, no matter if it is or not on July 23rd.

Thanks for the info. I'll wait for the combo release as well.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks for the heads up. This is a definite buy for me. I hope it turns out to be a general release and not some lame Best Buy or Amazon exclusive.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I will switch to Canada or USA Amazon whenever this becomes available, but I have had it on pre-order from Amazon.uk for months.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Sometimes the spirit is willing but the pocketbook isn’t. I know that all too well.

Same boat.

The problem for me with having a dual display setup (TV and projector run from the same system) is that to upgrade formats, it’s more than just the expense of buying one thing. That’s why, when my HD plasma TV died and 4K was the only replacement option, I didn’t worry about utilizing the new set for 4K playback. To do that, I’d need to get a new receiver since mine can’t do 4K video. And since I don’t ever watch movies or content that would shine in 4K on the TV to begin with (that’s all stuff I watch on the PJ), then I’d have to get a new projector too. Not to mention the UHD disc player. As cool as it would be to have the latest and greatest, I can’t personally justify spending several thousand dollars on new gear when I’m still very satisfied with what I have on a daily basis. My stuff ain’t broke - it just ain’t state of the art anymore. I can live with that for now.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Dolby Vision is a proprietary flavor of HDR, and this has been discussed in the other Alita thread.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This was too creepy for my taste for a non horror sci-fi. And I'm not talking about the big eyes, it's all the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks