What's new

Alien Quad - r2 packaging (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Quick question about the packaging of the Alien Quadrilogy in region 2.

In reion 4, our Quad box has the flip-book disc holders, but they are held together by what is basically a large piece of Sellotape, and as a result the disc holders are reportedly coming free very easily.

Are the disc holders in region 2 similarly held together by tape, or are they better secured?

Thans for any information you can provide.

James Reader

Screenwriter
The UK set seems to be the same, but no falling apart problems with my copy.

Besides, the US digipack is supposed to be falling apart too for many people.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

I read a bunch of forums, and don't remember anyone complaining about that. A number of people do find the set ungainly, though. I have it, and prefer it to the R2 as it has extensive and very attractive artwork.

James Reader

Screenwriter
Re: R1 packaging

Some people are complaining that the plastic holders aren't glued onto the cardboard backing securely enough. Some have reported the backing coming right off on one or two of the panels, while most other complaints are about the plastic shifting and making it hard to close the package.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Now why couldnt FOX have used the thinpaks they used with LOST IN SPACE for the ALIEN set...?

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Surely using thinpaks wouldn't cost that much in contrast to all that paperboard used in the current Reg. 1 packaging?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks