What's new

Alice Faye Collection: Volume 2 (1 Viewer)

Danoldrati

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Oldrati
Alice Faye Collection: Volume 2 */* DVD-Video

LIST: $49.98
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Release Date: 8/26/2008

Includes:
The Great American Broadcast
Four Jills In A Jeep
Rose Of Washington Square
Hollywood Cavalcade
Hello, Frisco, Hello

I found this at DVD Empire

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Yes!!!!!
I was just going to post that news here, but I see that Danoldrati have already done it.
Wonderful news. Fox continues to surprise us with its releases.
Hello Frisco Hello and Rose of Washington Square finnally on dvd!
Hollywood Cavalcade and The Great American Broadcast were never before available in home video.
For me Alice Faye was never more beautiful than in American Broadcast and I was really craving for that one.
The only missing point in here for me is Tin Pan Alley, but I guess it might be included in a Grable set (or, who knows, Alice Faye vol. 3???)
This news made my whole month.
Thanks again Fox!!! And keep going with that incredible job, cause I'll give you all support that I can.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
This is awesome! I couldn't be happier! I can finally see Hello Frisco Hello. I have been dying to see this movie! It's great to see Hollywood Cavalcade in the set. I never thought that would happen! It's too bad that Tin Pan Alley isn't in the set but I'm gald Fox is putting out more of Alice's movies!

My only question is why Four Jills in a Jeep? If I am correct all Alice does in that movie is pop up and sing "You'll Never Know." I dunno I rather have an actual Faye movie instead but oh well!

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Wow - Fox is really kicking some arse this year!

Rose from Washington Square I have wanted for ages!

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
I figured Four Jills in a Jeep might be coming given it's obvious absence in the upcoming Carmen Miranda boxset.
With that in mind, could a second Betty Grable collection (with Springtime in the Rockies) be far behind?

Daniel BARBIEUX

Stunt Coordinator

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
Good News - Thank you very much Fox -
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
Wow!!!! What a tremendous collection that will be! I love all the films included and The Great American Broadcast happens to be my very favorite Alice Faye film.

Bravo again Fox!!!!!

What a terrific year for musicals
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Charles H

Screenwriter
TIN PAN ALLEY was really Betty Grable's breakthrough film and more properly belongs in a Grable collection. HOLLYWOOD CAVALCADE is a terrific film inspired by the careers of Mabel Normand and Mack Sennett (Sennett has a cameo in it as does Rin Tin Tin, Al Jolson, Buster Keaton, and Ben Turpin). It's good to see FOUR JILLS IN A JEEP "shoehorned" into the set because I cannot see any other "marketing" context out there for this intriguing wartime musical.

For Alice Faye completists: WON TON TON THE DOG THAT SAVED HOLLYWOOD is available now from Legend films.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly

I like the box set cover art. Looks like they are trying to keep it the same as Volume 1.

Since Tin Pan Alley isn't included I hope its in Alice Faye Volume 3.

Richard M S

Screenwriter
What a great-looking box set!

Hollywood Cavalcade is a film I have wanted to see. Is there any word about the extras?

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Fox has all of the filmes outtake numbers for Rose of Washinton Square - all of Alices and all of Al Jolsons.

I hope they are on the new discs.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
I simply can't believe Fox's efforts this year. I never dreamed the Tyrone Power Collection would happen, let alone a second Alice Faye Collection.

Bravo Fox!! :emoji_thumbsup:

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Neither did I Beth. More Power (lot of them), Faye...And even more unexected for me was the Carmen Miranda Collection. I'm grabbing all of them as soon as they are released.
I can't believe Fox is given us all these incredible titles, most of them never before available in any home video format. These surprises just made me anxious to find what will come next.
Just remember: The Alice Faye Collection vol. 2 was not even announced on the Coming Soon list in the Fox Classics website.
Maybe Margie (starring the amazing Jeanne Crain) will finally be released. Please answer my prayers Fox!!
Can't wait for Man Hunt and Dragonwyck And I am very curious to find out which titles will be included in the Ritz Brothers box set (hopefully Kentucky Moonshine and Sing Baby Sing).
Once again I congratulate you Fox!"

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Fantastic News.

My very favorite Alice Faye Musical "HELLO FRISCO HELLO" finally makes it to DVD and I couldn't be happier.

Hopefully some of her very early Fox Musicals will surface in the future, especially George White's 1935 Scandals.

Thank You Fox.

Corey

Screenwriter
Wow, what a surprise!! This is a definite must because I thoroughly enjoyed the films in Volume 1. I guess Volume 3 will definitely have Sing, Bab, Sing.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
It's unfortunate that HOLLYWOOD CAVALCADE is not a Musical, but Alice looks gorgeous in breathtaking Technicolor anyway.

When will Fox release THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FREE.
Now, that's one Musical that I'd love to own.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

I hope they have found good elements for it. It was recently shown on Fox Movie Channel and looked very washed out.

For those who don't know "Rose of Washington Square" was based on the Fanny Brice/Nicky Arnstein story. (Another take on "Funny Girl") Fanny sued Fox and settled out of court as this was done without her permission. I am glad this lawsuit didn't result in banning the film from being shown.

Still unreleased from Alice Faye in the 30's and 40's:
Per IMDB

Tin Pan Alley (1940) .... Katie Blane
Little Old New York (1940) .... Pat O'Day
Barricade (1939) .... Emmy Jordan
Tail Spin (1939) .... Trixie Lee
Sally, Irene and Mary (1938) .... Sally Day
You're a Sweetheart (1937) .... Betty Bradley
Wake Up and Live (1937) .... Alice Huntley
You Can't Have Everything (1937) .... Judith Poe Wells
King of Burlesque (1936) .... Pat Doran
Sing, Baby, Sing (1936) .... Joan Warren
Music Is Magic (1935) .... Peggy Harper
Every Night at Eight (1935) .... Dixie Foley aka Dixie Dean
George White's 1935 Scandals (1935) .... Honey Walters
... aka George White's Scandals
365 Nights in Hollywood (1934) .... Alice Perkins
She Learned About Sailors (1934) .... Jean Legoi
Now I'll Tell (1934) .... Peggy Warren
... aka Now I'll Tell You
... aka When New York Sleeps (UK)
George White's Scandals (1934) .... Mona Vale

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Dear Fox - if you can release ten early Tyrone Power films in one baox set, how about releasing ten of the early Faye 30s musicals in one box?
Do they all still exist?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks