What's new

Alice Faye Collection: Volume 2 (1 Viewer)

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly

As for future sets I would gladly include al those except maybe Barricade. From what I heard its an awful movie, even Alice herself said it was the worst thing she did.

I believe You're a Sweetheart is owned by Universal.

Also Every Night at Eight was filmed at Paramount, so would Universal own that too?

Corey

Screenwriter
Is Faye's version of Sally, Irene and Mary a remake of the 1925 version with Joan Crawford and Constance Bennett?

Charles H

Screenwriter
Does a decent print of NOW I'LL TELL, the story of Arnold Rothstein ,exist still? Great cast: Spencer Tracy, Shirley Temple, and Faye!

Jefty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Fiore
I, too am very excited about this one!

I do wish Tin Pan Alley was included (it's my favourite!), but if it's on a Grable box (perhaps along with Springtime in the Rockies, Coney Island, Wabash Avenue, and Footlight Serenade), that'd be fine with me!

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Beautifil cover art!
I think they are among the very best in the Marquee Musicals series.
Can't wait for August to come.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
I love the artwork, especially the Rose of Washington Square artwork. I think that one is my favorite.

Keep up the great work Fox!

Seth.H

Agent

What's wrong with Warner covers? Original poster art looks awesome.

But well done to Fox. They have done a superb job.

ChrisPearson

Second Unit

Original poster art does look awesome, indeed. Unfortunately Warner isn't using it any more. Check the recent Sinatra releases for an example of the cheapjack covers they are putting out these days.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
Anybody know what the extras are? I'm really curious! I hope the Rose of Washington Square DVD has all the deleted numbers!

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
It turns out on the same day this set comes out Fox is releasing On the Avenue separately. If you remember this movie was only available in the first DVD set. I remember some people were angry that this movie was only availabe through the set.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
The price on this set has come way down at Amazon, so I picked it up along with Volume 1. Last night I screened Hollywood Cavalcade on my projection system and it was gorgeous. Hard to tell it wasn't a blu-ray. The best parts were the small bit parts played by Chester Conklin, James Finlayson and (wow!) Fatty Arbuckle. Of course it was great to see Keaton being Keaton and the Keystone Cops. The story was a bit sappy, and none of the leads were particularly good actors, but it was a lot of fun to see. Looking forward to more in this set.

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
I just dug out and re-watched my Fox MOD of "Sally, Irene and Mary" (1938) the other night. Always enjoyed that one. You get not one, but three comedians, Fred Allen (very funny), Jimmy Durante, Joan Davis. You get cute-as-a-button Marjorie Weaver. You get the Raymond Scott Quintet doing their "Minuet in Jazz" number. Add in Tony Martin and Gypsy Rose Lee (clothed, of course). And then above all, the warm and delightful presence of Faye herself. The film may be a minor fluff, but they sure made good fluffs back then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks