What's new

Alias 12/08/02 (1 Viewer)

Bryce Miner

Stunt Coordinator
hmm. What a twisted emotional episode with Sydney's Mom. I wished they would of kept Sydney in the dark longer about her mom's trust and loyalty.

I thought the golfing scene looked great!

Where will the story go now??

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think the best "little" scene was when Jack and Irina remembered the burnt toast (while they were on the train).

All the spy stuff is just a framework to getting at growth within the characters.

Marshall's reaction to losing the tracking on $100 million in Bearer Bonds was classic.

Sloane's got problems on many fronts (the Emily diversion, plus having Sark in his henhouse).

Lena Olin is one of the best at playing the unscrupulous femme fatales. She simply owns those types of parts, and her possible deception of her former KGB superior was yet another good performance. I still don't know if I'd trust Irina, even with all that's gone down between the 3 of them (Jack, Inina, and Sydney).

Poor Jack, everytime he sees Irina, I'm sure he's fighting 2 urges: Kill her or jump her.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
What did Vaughn give sydney at the end? Looked like tickets to something...I think I missed something...

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I swear I was screaming "You B*(ch at the tv when she "turned" on them.

I'm wondering too, what will they do now?

I think Irina is still setting them up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I guess the tickets were for miniature golf, but who knows? I was thinking maybe tickets to a Rolling Stones concert with the music playing.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I really think the quality of this show is starting to decline, largely due to the "Spy Family" story-arc, and to a lesser extent the "is she or isn't she dead" bit with Sloan's wife. What did they do, hire some writers away from a failing soap opera? It's funnny somebody else mentioned the "toaster" scene as a highlight; to me it was a truly cringe-worthy scene that typifies what's wrong with the show this season. Last night's episode was also predictable; I knew from the get-go that she hadn't really turned them in.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I remember people saying that last seasons episodes were too predictable, as well.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
So I'm the only person around here who believed/believes Lena Olin's character is not evil... ;) :D

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I do think its predictable, but the show is still fun to watch. I don't find it lame predictable, its fun predictable. Its kinda like an hour long James Bond show or something. Everyone knows he will survive the movie, but its how he gets from point A to point B thats fun. This is kinda the same thing. Sydney gets a mission, she puts on some skimpy outfit, she kicks some bad guy ass, then gets trapped a little bit, escapes and makes it back to hang out with her friends. There is just something about it that it is very entertaining to watch.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Also agreed.

What I thought was interesting about the show was that they didn't get to the opening credits until 14 minutes into the show. That was truly strange.

I love the show. I'm not looking for deep literature, or any type of Shakesperean plot devices. I like it for what it is. . . 60 minutes of mindless fun!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I find it funny that there are virtually no commercials in the first half compared to the second half were there are tons.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I do think its predictable, but the show is still fun to watch. I don't find it lame predictable, its fun predictable. Its kinda like an hour long James Bond show or something. Everyone knows he will survive the movie, but its how he gets from point A to point B thats fun. This is kinda the same thing. Sydney gets a mission, she puts on some skimpy outfit, she kicks some bad guy ass, then gets trapped a little bit, escapes and makes it back to hang out with her friends. There is just something about it that it is very entertaining to watch.
I agree with everything you said in regard to the first season, which I enjoyed quite a bit. I just think the writing has suffered this year because of the "mommy" story arc. I thought the show was much more entertaining last year, this year it's often too melodramatic.

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
RE: Vaughn and the tickets at the end of the show. I understood those to be miniature golf tickets. The significance of the Rolling Stones music was "Emotional Rescue" - ie. that Sydney needed some time of rest & relaxation and Vaughn was encouraging her to do that.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Still think this is a great show. Very entertaining!

I do miss Dixon though. Bring him back for more missions.

John_VI

Second Unit
Come on, folks!! HOCKEY TICKETS!!! Back when Sydney was seriously considering resigning from both SD-6 and the CIA, she told Vaughn that she knew he was a hockey fan, and that they should go to a game sometime. He told her that it would be impossible for them to be seen in public together and she dropped it. Now, it seems that Vaughn is taking some baby steps toward admitting his feelings for Sydney, and the hockey tickets were the beginning of that admission.....even though the tickets will never be used, and both Vaughn and Sydney know it.

Besides, he only handed her two tickets, and there were three people playing minigolf.

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
What ever happened to the prophesy of Sid's Mom destroying everything?????
Had to ask.
Plus did everyone see the post of possible season 1 set coming in Sept.?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks