What's new

Aldi has a DVD Recorder for $269.99 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Got an ad in the mail yesterday for Aldi stores. It shows this item at the top:

Medion DVD+RW Recorder $269.99
* Records DVD+R, DVD+RW
* Plays DVD, CD & MP3-CD
* One-Touch Recording
* Convenient Editing Function
* Archive VHS tapes to DVD
* S-Video, audio,/video in/out

They also show "Tevion" brand 4.7 GB DVD+R (or DVD-R) discs - with Jewel Cases - in a 5-pack for $6.99 each.

I'm not doing recordable DVDs at this time, but I just thought I'd pass it along. I don't know these brands, but I suspect they aren't the hottest quality. Or does it even matter?

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Actually,

Medion is a known company from Europe I believe. I have a laptop from them and it performs very well. I paid $1499 last June for a laptop that you would probably pay well over $2000 for elsewhere maybe even now. Has DVD recorder, 64 mb video card, 512 ram, 2.4 pentium 4, wireless lan, AV control panel, software, etc. The only difference is that the case says Medion, not Gateway or Dell. Actually, the laptop is identical to the Gateway Special Edition Media Laptop except this one has more in it (for example, Gateways had 32mb video card and 256 ram, this one has 64mb video card and 512 ram) and the Gateway was still hundreds more. Same buttons (even down to the lightbulb and moon buttons). It's 100% identical. Only the case is a different color with a different name. All the parts are name brand in the computer.

The thing with Aldi which may be a problem with many people is that you can only pay by Cash or Debit Card for these products.

They do have a return policy as well if you are not happy with the product.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
* Archive VHS tapes to DVD

Despite what that says, you can also archive Beta tapes too! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks