Advice please, RX-V1 or...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Robbins, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Tim Robbins

Tim Robbins Agent

Please help me out. I have an opportunity to pick up a used RX-V1 for a fair deal. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on whether I sould pick this up, or go for something like an Integra 6.3 (since the V1 lacks DPLII and DTS discrete 6.1). I use my system approx 85/15 HT/music. Does the "quality" of the yammie outweigh the lack of the latest processing formats?

I currently have a rx-v992 (DD only, no DTS). My speakers are Paradigm 11's, cc370, 5's.

Any info would be appreciated. Assuming I can get both units for about the same price, what's your opinion. I like the sound of both, my concerns are with respect to power/features/quality.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. Tim Robbins

Tim Robbins Agent

Surely there must be some members with either an rx-v1 or an integra dtr-6.3 out there. If these cost the same what do you feel is the better value for a mainly HT application?

I don't mean to be a pest, but I kinda have to act fast. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tim

3. mark rush

mark rush Stunt Coordinator

Well I love my rx-v1, my unit has up to 8 channels, it will play pro logic{4 channel}, dolby digital and dts {5.1}, and dolby digital surround ex and dts es {6.1} also has front effects channels so you can add 2 speakers for the front effects, it is a great receiver for the money, there are some deals on these right now
    Mark