What's new

Advice please, RX-V1 or... (1 Viewer)

Tim Robbins

Agent
Please help me out. I have an opportunity to pick up a used RX-V1 for a fair deal. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on whether I sould pick this up, or go for something like an Integra 6.3 (since the V1 lacks DPLII and DTS discrete 6.1). I use my system approx 85/15 HT/music. Does the "quality" of the yammie outweigh the lack of the latest processing formats?

I currently have a rx-v992 (DD only, no DTS). My speakers are Paradigm 11's, cc370, 5's.

Any info would be appreciated. Assuming I can get both units for about the same price, what's your opinion. I like the sound of both, my concerns are with respect to power/features/quality.

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Robbins

Agent
Surely there must be some members with either an rx-v1 or an integra dtr-6.3 out there. If these cost the same what do you feel is the better value for a mainly HT application?

I don't mean to be a pest, but I kinda have to act fast. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

mark rush

Stunt Coordinator
Well I love my rx-v1, my unit has up to 8 channels, it will play pro logic{4 channel}, dolby digital and dts {5.1}, and dolby digital surround ex and dts es {6.1} also has front effects channels so you can add 2 speakers for the front effects, it is a great receiver for the money, there are some deals on these right now
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks