What's new

Advice on pool tables (1 Viewer)

BradleyS.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm starting to look at getting a pool table but I dont know very much about them. I'm looking at the brunswick tables and they seam to be very nice. Is there anything I need to know or consider when looking at purchasing a table?

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
It should be heavy, the heavier the better, have good slate, which it most likely will, and put Simonis cloth on it, it's worth every penny. I don't know a lot about Brunswick tables. I know some are damn good, but I'm not sure if there are any to avoid. Be sure and look underneath the tables, you should be able to get any of the build quality by looking at the types of wood used and how they are joined.

Find some good billiard stores and visit with them. Ask them the good and the bad points of different brands of tables that they carry. I bought a table from a small private manufacturer through a privately owned store. The craftsmanship is excellent and the service I received was wonderful. The store carried various brands but I went with the lesser known one based on the owner's recommendation.

PatB

Stunt Coordinator
Brunswick gold crown with Simonis cloth. That's all one needs to know. I envy you.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks