Advice on pool tables

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by BradleyS., Mar 10, 2004.

1. BradleyS.

BradleyS. Stunt Coordinator

I'm starting to look at getting a pool table but I dont know very much about them. I'm looking at the brunswick tables and they seam to be very nice. Is there anything I need to know or consider when looking at purchasing a table?

2. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

It should be heavy, the heavier the better, have good slate, which it most likely will, and put Simonis cloth on it, it's worth every penny. I don't know a lot about Brunswick tables. I know some are damn good, but I'm not sure if there are any to avoid. Be sure and look underneath the tables, you should be able to get any of the build quality by looking at the types of wood used and how they are joined.

Find some good billiard stores and visit with them. Ask them the good and the bad points of different brands of tables that they carry. I bought a table from a small private manufacturer through a privately owned store. The craftsmanship is excellent and the service I received was wonderful. The store carried various brands but I went with the lesser known one based on the owner's recommendation.

3. PatB

PatB Stunt Coordinator

Brunswick gold crown with Simonis cloth. That's all one needs to know. I envy you.[​IMG]