What's new

Multiple TVs to one Receiver (1 Viewer)

MR291

Auditioning
Real Name
Jerry
Need advice. I have a rec room where I have the main home theatre setup at one end and want to have an additional TV at the other end by the pool table so that when the game is on it is playing on both screens. I assume that this is possible as I have seen it working elsewhere but what do I need to do. Receiver has only one HDMI output. I think that a HDMI splitter would work but I would need to run 50+ feet of cable to the second screen. Not sure if the signal can be carried that distance. Am I able to convert the HDMI cable to something else that would carry the signal and hopefully be less expensive?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This might be your cheapest option. It's actually powered. You need to make sure you connect it the right direction. I linked to the 60ft cable, but there are shorter ones. I've never dealt with hdmi splitters, so I don't know what kind of handshake issues there can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks