What's new

Advice on HTIB systems that'll match needed criteria (1 Viewer)

Gearingmass

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle Tanner
I'm looking for a 3D Blu-Ray HTIB that has to have 2 HDMI in and 1 HDMI out.
I would prefer to have a system that comes with spring clips or binding posts in both the speaker backs and the receivers back (ie. NO proprietary brand connections that can't be extended). If the rear speakers were wireless, that wouldn't be such a big deal, because I wouldn't need to extend the wires and lower the gauge.
Lastly, It would be nice if the front L&R speakers were standing, or to have a calibration mike with the system to correct for the possibly awkward speaker positions i'd have to use.
So basically I'm looking for a system that meets one or the other each of the follow criteria:
(1) 2 HDMI in AND 1 HDMI out
(2) Spring clips/binding posts or wireless rear speakers
(3) standing front L&R speakers or a calibration mike with the system
It's a tad bit hard trying to find a system that meets every one of those, which is why I'd like the advice.
I'd like to stay under $500 base price if possible.
I suppose I could do some creative mounting with the front speakers and angle them down from the ceiling (7.5ft tall, smallish living room), or build stands for them to the sides of the TV. That's why a calibration mike would be nice.
My biggest concern is the cable length for the rear speakers. Unless they're 28+ feet long, I'm going to have to get new wire (which I don't mind, but can't do if they come with proprietary brand plugs).
Lastly, I'd prefer to stick with Samsung, LG, Sony, or Panasonic.
If you have any ideas on a system that matches these criteria or that could work, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Why do you want to stick with those brands? None of the ones you mentioned are really known for audio.

For $500 I would recommend the Onkyo HT-S7400 - This will give you a real receiver and a powered sub. The receiver will handle almost any speaker (unlike the brands you mentioned). It comes with 6 hdmi and includes Audyssey Room Correction (it may have the mic with it). Of course it does not have floor standing speakers.

If you could increase your budget to $750 or so you could get a much better setup...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks