What's new

Adire Audio Sadhara sub, good for home/car use? (1 Viewer)

Cam S

Screenwriter
Hey guys,

I just recently got a job at Visions Electronics after I moved to Saskatchewan, and we can get some killer prices on Rockford and Kicker amps. I'd love to replace my 350watt rms Eclipse amp and Eclipse 8712 12" sub with a new Kicker/Rockford amp. I've been thinking of going with an MB Quartz Reference sub, which I can get for around 450, but I really think the Adire Sadhara would be a much better sub both musically and in terms of shear performance. The Sadhara sells for $509 from Creativesound.com so I would be able to get it no problem, but how would this sub perform for car audio use and what should I power it with? I may also use this sub for a another home audio sub to go with my Shiva/ava250. Btw, my car is a 96 Civic coupe.

Thanks for the help guys.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Go with a Brahma over the Sadhara sub for car usage. They are very, very similar drivers but the Sadhara is suited for home usage where the Brahma is designed for better response from the car.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Hey Kyle, thanks for the response. I was thinking about going with the Sadhara because I could always use it in a home audio application if I ever wanted to, whereas the Brahma is moresuited to car audio. Would there be a noticable difference between the two in car audio use? I think I'd feed either sub about 1000 watts rms in the car.

Also, how big of a sealed box would I need for either sub in a car?

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Well, if you plan to convert the driver to a home driver one day then the Sadhara driver may be a better choice. The main difference is the Sadhara will have more bottom end weight and the Brahma will have more punch and impact. The Brahma is designed to work with the car's cabin gain to obtain the bottom end where the Sadhara already has it and may be a bit bottom heavy but that can be EQ'd out if needed or desired. If you moved the Brahma in the home it may need just a bit of EQ to help boost the low end but it may not depending on the room and placement.

The Brahma likes about 1 cu ft sealed and I'd have to plot the Sadhara (havent modeled one for a car) but I'd guess about 1.5-2 cu ft off the top of my head.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
IMO, if you're going to spend $500 on a driver for car audio, you should at least go with a 15" driver (Brahma, possibly a Tumult) or possibly 2 12" drivers.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Know way will I kill my trunk space for two 12's or one 15. I have the eclipse in a 1.5cuft box and I still have plenty of room, so I'm happy with the box size. The Brahma would be a direct drop in for it, but I think I'd probably have to build a new box, as the one I have now is just a prefab 3/4" mdf box with no bracing. I'm guessing I'd have to go with atleast 1" walls.

I'll probably be powering the Brahma with a Kicker KX1200.1 (1200 watts @ 1ohms) or a Rockford 1501BD (750+ watts @ 4ohms) for the Sadhara. Both amps will cost around the 700 dollar range.

I think the sadhara might be the best multi purpose sub, and a little more convenient since it's a SVC 4ohm sub. Has anyone modeled the Sadhara for car use, as I can't find any box recomendations for it.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Try it in your existing box. Should work very well for the car. Qtc a bit high for my tastes, but most car guys would find it da bomb.

Cam S

Screenwriter
SO does anyone know how much power I need to drive these subs? I'm also looking at going with a Rockford BD1000.1, which is 500+ watts @ 4ohms, but I'm not too sure if it's enough power for the sadhara. That amp would drive the Brahma with 1000 watts @ 2ohms if I used the Brahma.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
It all depends on the enclosure type and size. Typically, 1000w is the most you'll need for 90% of the Brahma/Sadhara enclosure's out there.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
One other thing to keep in mind Cam is Adire's drivers aren't particularly well suited for our winters. I think both the Brahma and Sadhara use a surround made of a foam similar to the Tempest. And when I was quizing Dan on IB use of Tempest in my addict he warned that the surrounds aren't meant to be used below -20C. And we both know it goes well below that here.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Dam Dustin, you shattered all my hopes and dreams :frowning: I'm really not looking forward to my first prairie winter in over 16 years. So I guess the Sadhara and Brahma are out of the picture, what else could I use that is as cheap as both of them ($500 Canadian)???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks