What's new

Adding a power amp to HT (1 Viewer)

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
Would adding a 5 channel power amp improve the sound of a reciver? The reason I ask is that I am considering purchasing a receiver with lots of features and then add a power amp to improve the sound quality. What I have found is that there are many receivers out there packed with features but don't sound as good as the more expensive models which don't necessarily have all the features. I am looking for the best of both worlds and perhaps similar cost.

JohnSC

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Wayne. What a great thread! I am sold! I think I will purchase a Rotel RMB-1075 and see how I go.

A second point is how much influence does the pre/pro have? I am wondering if I upgraded to a better receiver would I be able to improve the sound again or would I simply be getting better features and only marginal sound improvement?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
John,

Post this question under the “Separates” sub-category of the Hardware forum and you’re sure to get a lot of informed opinions.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks