Adding a power amp to HT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnSC, Jan 14, 2002.

1. JohnSC

JohnSC Stunt Coordinator

Would adding a 5 channel power amp improve the sound of a reciver? The reason I ask is that I am considering purchasing a receiver with lots of features and then add a power amp to improve the sound quality. What I have found is that there are many receivers out there packed with features but don't sound as good as the more expensive models which don't necessarily have all the features. I am looking for the best of both worlds and perhaps similar cost.

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    John,
    First, welcome to the Forum!
    To answer your question, you might want to take a look at this thread at the Hardware Forum!
    Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. JohnSC

JohnSC Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Wayne. What a great thread! I am sold! I think I will purchase a Rotel RMB-1075 and see how I go.

A second point is how much influence does the pre/pro have? I am wondering if I upgraded to a better receiver would I be able to improve the sound again or would I simply be getting better features and only marginal sound improvement?

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    John,

Post this question under the “Separates” sub-category of the Hardware forum and you’re sure to get a lot of informed opinions.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt