What's new

ACCIDENTAL TOURIST DVD (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
O.K.!!!
Lost my laser disc of this film in the most recent divorce, so, I need this DVD. :)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
It always amazes me how much this movie has stuck in my consciousness throughout the years. Just last week as we were carving our Thanksgiving turkey all I could think about was the character of Rose Leary and her special technique for cooking the turkey.

This movie is a true gem. :emoji_thumbsup:

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Picked this DVD up a couple of days ago and thought it looked a bit too familiar....when I got home and brought up my Movie Organizer program I found that I had already purchased it, slightly less than a month before. :b
This getting old stuff is not for wimps. The good part is I don't know where I put the first disc! :D
In the extras section there is a long scene of Macon (William Hurt) having a panic attack at the top of the World Trade Center. Murial (Geena Davis) tries to calm him on the phone by telling him she thinks he is brave, that she would be scared also because she has seen "Towering Inferno."
Goosebumps.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I combined a few existing threads about this disc, because I wanted to add a new post. Although it's not specifically a Thanksgiving film, I always end up pulling it out to watch in November because the Thanksgiving scene is so memorable.

I was struck again by what fine job Warner did with this disc. The deleted scenes are an especially nice extra. Far from being the usual trims, they give genuine insight into the construction of the film -- especially the two scenes that were rewritten and reshot to form the film's opening. A comparison shows you just how difficult it can be to strike the right tone with this kind of dramatic material.

Is it me, or is this one of John Williams' most unusual (and least appreciated) scores?

M.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I quite agree Michael; I only discovered this movie earlier this year, and I was totally captivated by it on DVD and found myself kicking myself for missing the theatrical run. It's truly wonderful (even if the Thanksgiving scene doesn't quite have the same resonance).

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i got VERY lucky once and found a copy of the soundtrack in the punchout bin for $1.
a very delicate, beautiful, score.
for years i listend to it as an adult, as much as i'd had the blockbuster stuff when i was a kid in the late 70s early 80s.

a lot of great stuff came out this year- a lot of extravegant multi-dvd sets, but this thread is a great reminder of how well the year started off because this film finally got released.
one of my absolute favorite movies, and this disc was a treasure- beautifully done on all levels

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks