What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

About The Spy Who Shagged Me's framing (1 Viewer)

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason stocker
I just got the blu-ray of Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, and noticed in a comparison with the dvd version that the Super 35 framing has been shifted down condsiderably. To my eyes the blu-ray's framing looks better than the dvd (for example during the Jerry Springer bit towards the beginning you can see the top of the tv set on the dvd and the blu-ray looks centered better) but I don't think that either one is correct. It seems like the dvd is framed too high and the blu-ray is too low. I just wondered what other people thought of this, and if anyone else has come across a similar situation with another title. I've never noticed such a framing difference between the two formats before

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl comes to mind, there were framing issues in a couple of shots as well. Is it much different from the dvd, and does it cut off any important information (tops of heads, titles or anything?)

gomezfan69

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
jason stocker
On my 50'' tv, the blu-ray is about an inch lower than the dvd (an inch less on top and an inch more on the bottom). Nothing important seems to be cut off. Like I said I think the new framing is better, it's just not necessarily accurate. Maybe if it was moved down just half an inch instead. I say this because during the opening credits when the producers credit comes up, Mike Myers (surrounded by other swimmers) isn't completely dead center on either version like I'd imagine he should be. Of course this is pure speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks