What's new

ABC's Missing starring Ashley Judd (1 Viewer)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I suspect that Suspect 0 is actually Keith Carradine. I figure it isn't her husband, as that is too obvious.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
Adam Lenhardt said:
I think it'd be a terrific twist if it turned out to be Rebecca.
It would be unexpected, but my issue with it is that we have already seen too much from her POV, including all of the flashbacks. It would come off as too big of a cheat.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Now we know who suspect zero is! I started to figure it was him when he didn't get in the ambulance. :)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
It started to become pretty obvious if it was Martin (or even possibly Rossi) once the story seemingly started to come to a resolution. I remember thinking, either this is the series finale, or a big twist is about to happen. Speaking of Rossi, did he disappear at the end? I don't remember seeing him.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Any info if this will be renewd? I've seen some pretty bad numbers, but that has happened before and a show was given a chance to come back in the fall.
I've got eight episodes on DVR, no time to even start the series yet, but looks good from promos, etc.
But I don't wans to get into a show, watch eight episodes only to find it gets dumped in episode 10, with or not an adequate ending to the storyline. If this just gets uncerimoniously dumped in episode 19, I'll just zap the other episodes. Sounds like a great show, but not going to get invoved in a show only to find out is's pulled for whatever reason after a few episodes I'll pass on it. If net gets a renewal, I'll start catching up on lost stories.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I don't know what kind of numbers this has, but I expect that this particular storyline will get resolved at the end of this season.
As I stated in one of my first posts, a series like this doesn't really have potential to go beyond one season - at least not without dramatically altering its core story. The difference between this and 24 is that revolved around an agency designed to deal with large problems - Becca is an 'extraordinary' mother searching for her missing son. Unless her son turns out to be kidnap prone, I don't expect him to go missing every season. (next year we'll see Becca beating up her neighbors until they tell her the location of Fluffy?)
David

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
From what little I know, there were 10 episodes filmed for season 1. So they must have planned the season finale already not knowing if the show survives beyond the 10.
And if I recall correctly, at the start of the series, Ashley Judd was doing the promotional rounds on TV and she said she had finished filming just recently all 10 shows.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like it will have a decent wrap up to this season, even if it's only ten episodes, so I'll catch up with it. Have no idea if this is something that can be renewed, just happen to really like Ashley Judd so was hoping she'd be back in the fall.
Please pardon my typing in my posts today, not sure what's going on, seems like characters are just dropping off the page, even though they look fine before I post.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, lots of movement towards the endgame tonight. People dropping left and right! I'm glad Dax is figuring it out. I suspected Rossi wasn't going to get killed by Violet, but it was a surprise to see him get shot.
Nice to see Becca and Paul back together. That Martin is sure a scumbag. The way he was working Oksana was really slimy.
Some of the things that I like about this series is its constantly moving forward. The other is the great European location filming. And the cast is very good.

SwordStyle

Auditioning
Real Name
John Vazquez
This is a pretty good series, despite some obvious flaws. And no, I'm not talking about their feeble attempts at plot twists you can see coming from a season away. The biggest flaw with this series is, Michael.
He's such an unlikable, unbelievable character. For starters, I love my Mom as much as the next guy. But if I was kidnapped and being held hostage by armed assailants, the very last thing I would do is go around scratching "I love my Mommy!" in to every flat surface I could find.
It would be one thing if he knew she was actually Jason Bourne with boobs and was on the warpath to find him. But no, he just wants to put out there that he loves his mommy.
And as if that wasn't bad enough, there's his "Boo hoo I killed a man when obviously the right thing to do would have been to let him stick a knife in my throat and then turn around and rape and murder my girlfriend. I'm such an evil person!!"
A little PTSD would have been one thing. Recurring nightmares, flashbacks of blood would have been believable. But come on, "I can't go on with my life because I stopped a guy from killing me"? Give me a break
And supposedly he's this educated super kid who builds super computers with nothing more than duct tape and a swiss army knife, but he doesn't know that it's not illegal to kill someone who is trying to kill him? He thinks the law requires to simply tell the perpetrator NO with a stern voice?
Michael is really killing this series and I'm sure it won't happen, but I hope he dies in the season finale. And season 2 would encompass Becca trying to find her inner peace which has been missing since the loss of her son. That, or they kidnap her cat Mr. Snuggles.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
SwordStyle said:
This is a pretty good series, despite some obvious flaws. And no, I'm not talking about their feeble attempts at plot twists you can see coming from a season away. The biggest flaw with this series is, Michael.
He's such an unlikable, unbelievable character. For starters, I love my Mom as much as the next guy. But if I was kidnapped and being held hostage by armed assailants, the very last thing I would do is go around scratching "I love my Mommy!" in to every flat surface I could find.
It would be one thing if he knew she was actually Jason Bourne with boobs and was on the warpath to find him. But no, he just wants to put out there that he loves his mommy.
And as if that wasn't bad enough, there's his "Boo hoo I killed a man when obviously the right thing to do would have been to let him stick a knife in my throat and then turn around and rape and murder my girlfriend. I'm such an evil person!!"
A little PTSD would have been one thing. Recurring nightmares, flashbacks of blood would have been believable. But come on, "I can't go on with my life because I stopped a guy from killing me"? Give me a break
And supposedly he's this educated super kid who builds super computers with nothing more than duct tape and a swiss army knife, but he doesn't know that it's not illegal to kill someone who is trying to kill him? He thinks the law requires to simply tell the perpetrator NO with a stern voice?
Michael is really killing this series and I'm sure it won't happen, but I hope he dies in the season finale. And season 2 would encompass Becca trying to find her inner peace which has been missing since the loss of her son. That, or they kidnap her cat Mr. Snuggles.
I agree with most of your statements about the show, but don't think they should kill off her son. This is the driving force for now and they just need to man-up and not make the character so unrealistic for reasons you point out. It's as though this show is trying to be politically correct to the point of absurdity. Like you say, a bad guy dies by his hand yet he goes through all those feelings, come on. I know that I would be thankful and even very at peace with taking out someone that was trying to hurt me or someone I loved.
While I do think the show has potential, they just are not writing it in a way that is believable or will succeed. I thought she would turn into a female Jack Bauer or Jason Bourne and be totally ruthless in her missions to find her son. If you have seen the movie Taken, something along those lines, where it doesn't matter to him who he has to kill that is corrupt and evil so long as he gets his daughter back. They just need to make this show less of a wuss and more real life hard core intense.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm sticking with it because there's only one more episode left. If we were nine episodes into a regular 22-episode season, I don't think I'd make it the whole way through.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Haven't watched this at all, have all episodes on my DVR so will be doing a "Missing" marathon next weekend.
Is it really going to only have ten episodes? If so will it come to a reallistic ending?
From what I've read, it can't be a long term series, but hope they finish things up decently.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
If MISSING has a satisfactory ending in Episode 10, I will probably buy the First Season DVD set which is being released on June 12th. I like the European locations, Ashley Judd, and Sean Bean. I wonder if Missing could be classified as an action miniseries, and I hope it was planned as a ten episode complete story? I'll be very disappointed if there is a cliffhanger ending.
According to IMDB, Missing is not on the Fall ABC Schedule. But if it is rerun and the DVD sales are good maybe it will be back in 2013.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It was cancelled by ABC. That being said, this always felt like more of a miniseries than the first season of an ongoing series. The finale has to end with Becca reunited with her son. Anything else would feel like a cheat. And new plot lines for future episodes would have had to really stretch credibility.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Adam Lenhardt said:
It was cancelled by ABC. That being said, this always felt like more of a miniseries than the first season of an ongoing series. The finale has to end with Becca reunited with her son. Anything else would feel like a cheat. And new plot lines for future episodes would have had to really stretch credibility.
Have yet to see an episode, waiting til next weekend and having a "Missing" marathon. The description of the show did sound much more like a miniseries than an ongoing series, so it makes sense to end it.
Hopefully it opens the door for Ashley Judd to do more television. I think she's a great actress and have enjoyed anything she's done. Far more talented than her sister or mother and just a joy to watch, she's always so believeable in whatever part she plays.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That's too bad this series got cancelled. I hope an ending was done to wrap it up. I agree it wasn't one designed to last too long in the current format. I assume a second season could have involved the whole family in a spy plot back in the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.