What's new

ABC's Missing starring Ashley Judd (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I liked last night's episode. They are making the show more interesting. It's was nice to see what was happening with her son. Yet there is still a mystery of why they have him. And I wasn't sure if that girl was truly a prisoner too, of just part of the plan. Was she lying to Michael, or the bad guy when she said Michael was starting to trust her,
I figured when Becca's friend shows up, she'd be in part of the action. When the bad guy orders her to be taken out, I knew the hit man wasn't going to actually get Becca. And I sort of figured the blond was the one he meant was the liability to be taken out, but it still seemed a surprise.
And the end with Becca going along with the CIA was a sort of surprise too. Perhaps Agent Miller is going to sort of play blocker to his boss and help Becca.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I wasn't happy with the friend showing up.
All I kept thinking is 'oh boy, another mountain lion'. I'm finding it hard to stay with this if so many witless things keep happening.
David

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
I liked last night's episode. They are making the show more interesting.
Each week has been an improvement over the last for me.
It's was nice to see what was happening with her son. Yet there is still a mystery of why they have him. And I wasn't sure if that girl was truly a prisoner too, of just part of the plan. Was she lying to Michael, or the bad guy when she said Michael was starting to trust her,
I appreciated that the son was written as intelligent, someone who could plausibly be the child of two incredibly smart and well trained CIA operatives: Carving the code into the table in his room, making the drawings of the geography and layout where he's being held, tricking the guard into revealing more than he meant to, figuring out where roughly where this vast estate is located. So often the captive family members in stories like this are helpless idiots. It's nice to see this one be an exception.
The girl is definitely part of the bad guys' plan; whether she was once a prisoner like Michael is a separate question. I liked that her accent shifted after Michael deduced that they were somewhere in eastern Europe, going from a vaguely Italian accent to a Russian accent. I'm still interested in discovering what the point of all this is.
David Weicker said:
I wasn't happy with the friend showing up.
All I kept thinking is 'oh boy, another mountain lion'. I'm finding it hard to stay with this if so many witless things keep happening.
David
I liked it better when the amateurs were kept on the sidelines, too.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I agree it was one of the better parts of the episode to show Michael as smart and using his head.
I didn't have a problem with Mary showing up. It was simply a cheap trick to add some jeopardy. I was half thinking she'd get killed.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My favorite part last night was the promotional blurb from Richard Castle on the back of Keith Carradine's book.
So, did anybody here really believe that the husband was truely dead? You want to shock the audience with a reveal like that, don't cast a well known actor and give him series regular billing if you're going to "kill" him in the first episode.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Well, I am enjoying the journey for the most part.
As you mentioned Adam, given Sean Bean's stature, I agree you are going to expect him to have a bigger role. And I figure his was mainly in flash backs. So to reveal him as a traitor was an interesting twist. The CIA now have more meat to stay with the case. Then to show him alive still sort of wasn't a surprise. Maybe because he survived in GoldenEye, I was half expecting it. :)
The son's situation is proving a little more interesting. He must know something. Or they have something on Paul and they will kill Michael unless Paul does what they want him to do.
The girl getting beaten up must be a trick to further get Michael to trust her.
Oh yeah, I wasn't sure if I actually did see Castle's name on the back endorsing the book. More cross promotion.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I was only able to catch 5 minutes of last night's episode, and can't help but notice the scene looking very much like they filmed in Dubrovnik, with the area around the City Wall and the cliff along the sea and the orange tiled roofs.

I like the show enough to keep watching. Too bad it's up against 2 big juggernauts.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
One annoying bit was the chase at the ocean estate. The bad guy turned a corner and looked as if he might be dropping down to the ocean, beach or whatever, while the pursuers gave up the chase about 15-20 feet from the aforementioned corner. Why didn't one of them at least advance and have look see. Too pooped is not a good answer.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I wouldnt be surprised to learn that Sean Bean isn't in fact a traitor but is the reason they kidnapped Michael to get to him. He seemed pretty pleased to see Judd :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The last two episode have been pretty good. They certainly are not plodding along and stretching things out.
Michael and the girl got away and I had a feeling they were going to let them get away. And it appears they probably were allowed to get on the train they wanted them to be on.
Of course everything seems so easy for Rebecca. Her efforts in that vault were very Mission Impossible like. And she is just following up with each bit of evidence and finding the places Michael has been.
Dax has been shown to be less then the white knight with his affair with his colleague. Perhaps we are to led to not trust him. And I'm still not trusting the girl Oksana.
It's been fun in a Saturday matinee serial kind of way.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
Michael and the girl got away and I had a feeling they were going to let them get away. And it appears they probably were allowed to get on the train they wanted them to be on.
The big question for me is the last one you pointed out: whether the Russian diabetic girl Oksana is part of the scheme or not.
Dax has been shown to be less then the white knight with his affair with his colleague.
It's screwy the way the unveiled that, but my understanding is he's not having an affair. He got divorced some time ago, but this was his weekend for custody with his kids. He's in touch with his ex-wife because of the kids. The confusion comes in because they unveiled him in bed with his subordinate BEFORE they clarified that he's divorced or at least separated.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting Adam, I missed that Dax is divorced. No wonder his boss wanted him to go home and see his kids!
And yes, I'm not really sure Oksana is a plant or not. I think she's there to distract and drive him in the way they want him to go. I just hope Michael is smarter then that and is surprising them. Which I think he appears to be. There's a lot of Paul and Rebecca in the kid.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm beginning to suspect that Dax's partner is the Mole. Besides her being painted as somewhat unlikeable, it was interesting that she just happened to go in and trigger the house bomb at a very convenient time.
And we now know where the idiot boss from 24 went when CTU was shut down - right to this show. While Rebecca couldn't shine Jack Bauer's shoes, for the purposes of this show, she's supposed to be in his league. And yet, here comes another boss, unwilling to follow a hot lead and interrupt an investigation in process, just to try to incarcerate the hero.
As for Dax's kids, from the pilot it was inplied he wasn't a father (he didn't correct Rebecca). This reveal makes his acceptance of Rebecca clearer.
David

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by David Weicker /t/319293/abcs-missing-starring-ashley-judd/30#post_3918515
I'm beginning to suspect that Dax's partner is the Mole. Besides her being painted as somewhat unlikeable, it was interesting that she just happened to go in and trigger the house bomb at a very convenient time.
And we now know where the idiot boss from 24 went when CTU was shut down - right to this show. While Rebecca couldn't shine Jack Bauer's shoes, for the purposes of this show, she's supposed to be in his league. And yet, here comes another boss, unwilling to follow a hot lead and interrupt an investigation in process, just to try to incarcerate the hero.
As for Dax's kids, from the pilot it was inplied he wasn't a father (he didn't correct Rebecca). This reveal makes his acceptance of Rebecca clearer.
David

In a previous episode, I remembered Dax talking to his ex on the phone and asking her to put the kids on the phone as she was trying to give him a hard time.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Robert Crawford said:
In a previous episode, I remembered Dax talking to his ex on the phone and asking her to put the kids on the phone as she was trying to give him a hard time.
I forgot about that scene.
And I do know how to spell implied. You'd think my keyboard would be smart enough to tell an M from an N. I wonder if it was leaving me a clue.
David

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Violet Health turns out to be a surprise! Her dark goth style did telegraph her character's possible mole status.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
Violet Health turns out to be a surprise! Her dark goth style did telegraph her character's possible mole status.
And the fact that she was a stone cold bitch. I knew Cliff Curtis's boss would get her comeuppance, since she was so smug and overly sure of herself. I didn't expect that comeuppance to be used to further frame Ashley Judd; nice turn of events. Still not sure what the real story is with Oksana. I'm half convinced that she's another one of the Russian mobster's children, the sister of the bleached blond assassin.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I agree, Oksana is a mystery still.
I hope this series stays on the air long enough to finish the already filmed episodes. I want to see where they are going with this. ABC is shifting it's promotional focus to Grey's and Scandal. And I actually am watching that show too! :confused:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I am a little puzzled by Oksana's health crisis.
If she's using insulin, I assume that she is a diabetic (like my son and millions of others). Most diabetics require insulin to offset the sugar in the food they eat. Exercise also offsets these high sugar counts.
Not eating and being on the run shouldn't require her body to be missing insulin. Of course she might be having a low-sugar incident, but that could be fixed by just eating something that contains sugar.
It would have been better if they had given her a rarer or made-up disease, instead of choosing a fairly common one.
And I was correct about the identity of the mole. I have a few guesses about who the 'King' is, but I'll see if more clues show up. The problem, nowadays, is practically every show has a surprise twist, so that I now expect it, and its no longer a surprise. I just look at the most trustworthy character and pick them out as the villain.
David

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
I am a little puzzled by Oksana's health crisis.
If she's using insulin, I assume that she is a diabetic (like my son and millions of others). Most diabetics require insulin to offset the sugar in the food they eat. Exercise also offsets these high sugar counts.
They've actually explicitly said she's a diabetic. But it's apparently a TV form of diabetes that just requires her to get all hot and sweaty and have to be carried heroically by the male lead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.