What's new

Abbott & Costello's HOLD THAT GHOST Tonight and Tomorrow at the Loews Jersey. (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Tonight at 7PM and tomorrow at 2PM, the Loews Jersey in Jersey City will be showing a new, never before screened print of the classic comedy duo's HOLD THAT GHOST! This is Bud and Lou's second film and definitely one of their best.

Also on hand will be Lou's youngest daughter Chris Costello, talking about her dad and signing copies of her book "Lou's On First."

"Uncle Floyd" Vivino will be hosting both showings.

Sorry about the last minute posting.

Visit www.loewsjersey.org for more info and directions.

Anyone else plan on going?;)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Family commitments will make me miss Hold That Ghost this weekend :frowning: , but I'll be running it next year.

Hey, Tino. I haven't seen you at any of *my* shows this season... ;) Big Screen Classics

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Pete

Unfortunately, I've been busy working around the house on Saturdays but I will make it to a couple of shows I hope. Keep up the good work. Pete does a helluva job people. Check out his shows if you can, you won't regret it.

And if you show ANY Abbott & Costello films at the Lafayette Pete, house work will just have to wait!;)

BTW, I'll be at tomorrow's 2PM show at the LOEWS JERSEY. Hope to see some of you there.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Just kidding, Tino. Let us know how the show went down there.

There will definitely be A & C at the Lafayette next season.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just got back from the Loews Jersey and a great Abbott & Costello's Hold That Ghost show!

The place was packed and a great time was had by all.

Uncle Floyd Vivino did about a half hour of comedy routines while we waited for Chris Costello, who was stuck in traffic, to arrive.

When Lou's youngest daughter, Chris, took the stage, she was greeted with a very enthusiastic round of applause. She told loving stories of her dad and took questions from the audience.

Then the lights dimmed and Hold That Ghost began. What a great print. Free of dirt and blemishes, it looked fantastic. Presumably this is the same remastered print that will show up as part of the first batch of Abbott & Costello films to arrive from Universal on DVD in February.

The near capacity crowd loved every minute of it! it was great to see, imo, the best comedy team ever, on the big Loews Jersey screen again.

Bring on those Abbott & Costello films Pete! I'll be there at the Lafayette for every one. Hope you can get Chris Costello too.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks