What's new

Abandoned After One Season? My Collection (1 Viewer)

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
My husband just bought me a brand new DVD/media rack that holds 750 DVDs but of course not that many TV on DVD sets. Then I realized I have a few shows only one season and it's been over a year since the set was released or close to a year and no real announcement. Here are some of the lonely DVD's in my collection. Feel free to list yours too if you are bored.

227 The Complete First Season
Fame The Complete First Season (hasnt quite been a year but I haven't heard anything about a second season release)
A Different World Season 1 (I know about the whole urbanworks fiasco)
America's Next Top Model Cycle 1
McMillan and Wife Season One
Quincy Seasons 1 & 2
Dynasty Season 1

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
The only similarity I have with your collection is that I also have a 750 DVD rack that is completely stuffed to the gills with movie DVDs and I also ONLY own Quincy, M.E. Seasons 1 & 2 (and desperately wish they consider releasing the remaining seasons, but I understand the realities of DVD sets. They have to sell to justify continued production).
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Dorrie_W

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if more Quincy will come, Rockford files came back with another season, maybe Quincy will.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Hopefully, you're right. I guess I can take some consolation in Airwolf S2 being released when apparently sales of the first season stunk. So, we'll just have to see. :frowning:

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator
The rights to Dynasty recently changed from Fox to Paramount, I think. It may get a run with Paramount releasing further seasons.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
yep, I bet we'll see more Dynasty from Paramount.

Fame is also in the process of switching from Sony distribution to Fox, perhaps we'll see more from Fox considering they have been good with Hill Street Blues, Remington Steele, The White Shadow and other hour long fare from the late 70's/early 80's

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I have several that has seemed to be abandoned after just 1 season being released...
- Barney Miller
- Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries
- Malcolm in the Middle
- Murphy Brown
- Poltergeist: The Legacy
(Should I be worried yet?)
- S.W.A.T.
- Without a Trace

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Well, technically after two since 1 and 2 were released together. I wish they would release the other seasons of Dream On.

I guess Warner's response is .... dream on.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
227: Season 1 would like to have its 4 brothers and sisters next to it on the shelf.

Knots Landing: Season 1: I'm getting impatient, and I think they should have combined seasons 1 and 2.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
How about Night Gallery? Any news on this classic? There are only 2 more seasons to go, why not finish what they started?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
-SWAT
-Knots Landing
-Baa Baa Black Sheep
-Sentinel
-Seaquest DSV
-Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
For me, (thankfully) not much:

DRAGNET (1960s version)
THE CHAMPIONS (a one-season show abandoned halfway through its run with the R1 release)

--though there are a few "best-ofs" that haven't gotten full or further releases:

MAVERICK
GET A LIFE
BEANY & CECIL

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Good thead, Dorrie. Certainly is an eye-opener when we look at our collections. Here's my list:

ADAM-12 SEASON 1 (One-Adam 12...See the Admissions Attendant at the Retired DVD Rest Home)
BARNEY MILLER SEASON 1 (12th Precinct closed)
BIG VALLEY SEASON 1 ? a possible "Black Hole" feeling" about this one....I hope more are coming. Too early to make any call on it.
BLACK SHEEP SQUADRON SEASON 1 (Pappy's flown his last mission, I think)
FANTASY ISLAND SEASON 1 (surprise here; I'd have bet that S2 would have been released by now...[Rourke] "Tatoo, have you no faith?"
HARDY BOYS/NANCY DREW SEASON 1
KNOTS LANDING SEASON 1 ? Maybe more soon. We gotta see Abby move into the neighborhood.
RAT PATROL SEASON 1 (the Sarge and his jeeps may have driven into an ambush)
TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT SEASON 1 (another surprise)
WHO'S THE BOSS SEASON 1 (this ones really mystifies; I guess the sales #'s weren't there...Who's the Boss at Sony?)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Series in my collection that were seemingly abandoned after one or two releases:

The Adventures of Pete and Pete - Season 3 was announced and pulled, no news since.

The Amazing Race - The first season and the seventh were both issued in late 2005. There hasn't been any news on a future release.

The Apprentice - The first season came out not long after it wrapped; the second was apparently held up because one celebrity resented their portrayal in an episode. This show isn't really a must for me, but I'd buy them all if they were released.

Clarissa Explains it All - Only one season. Again, not a must but I would like the remaining seasons.

The Mole - The first season (and one celebrity one which I have no interest in) is available. The second, vastly superior, season is not.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Upright Citizens Brigade was abandoned after one season. doubt paramount will release seasons 2 and 3 anytime soon.

CJ

JonathanBB

Stunt Coordinator
Fantasy Island (Sony is so unpredictible. The second season could be announced tomorrow or in a year.)

Green Acres (Not sure about this series, hopefully something will be announced soon)

Joey (I'm guessing, because Warner usually only waits 4-5 months inbetween releases)

Knots Landing (Same as Joey)

The Nanny (Same as Fantasy Island)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks