What's new

A Touch of Frost-good show? (1 Viewer)

HowardPaul

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone seen this show? It looks interesting but I've never seen it and cannot find a thread here about it.
Thanks
How

HowardPaul

Stunt Coordinator

Brief follow-up:

OK. I've answered my own question. I rented and watched the first 3 episodes of year one. The series is based on the novels of R.D. Wingfield. Each episode is about 1 hour 45 minutes. The show came out in 1992 and aired for 13 years. The lead, Det. Frost is a quirky but brilliant investigator.
Although the episodes move slowly, there is a great deal of character development in the show, far beyond that of Law and Order and all other American crime shows. Much more empathy and compassion is shown in the way victim's families are portrayed and their pains explored.
Where the show really excels is in the acting. The acting is simply brilliant. Off the charts! I've never seen anything like it on TV. Even the bit players are consumate performers. It's like watching fabulous theater.
I recommend this series highly for those who will relish the acting as well as the slow pace.
How

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks