What's new

A Runco for RAF! (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Holy shit!
Our senior (:) )-moderator RAF has won himself a big fat Runco projector on the Home Theater Cruise. We're in the Caribbean now (just leaving Labadee, heading for Ocho Rios, Jamaica), organized by Dave Bott of AVS (great job of Dave, really great, I can tell you), working also together with Ron and Parker for our Forum.
Yesterday we had a great demo by Runco and while they were showing a scene from an unamed movie, the first person to know the answer would win the DLP-projector.
More than 300 persons (at least 30 HTF-members, the rest AVS) couldn't say it for more than 5 minutes. Then RAF suddenly realized it was from The Projectionist - not to far fetched, BTW - gave the answer and won!
If you want to know more about it: post here, he will reply if he thinks you're really interested, no doubt.
See you!
Cees
PS I think this thread should be in the AHL. Hence here it is!
C.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm having a very good day
- Trotter, in Let It Ride

Actually the jury is still out on the CL-500 in relation to my SONY VW10HT. I have some issues with the display of HDTV on the 500 and will have to see them side by side before I decide which way to go with this.

I'm currently trying to negotiate an upgrade to a CL-700.

Stay tuned.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Cees,
FYI, I've moved this thread over to the Projectors section where it really belongs since that is more appropriate in my estimation. Hope you don't mind.

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Awesome news RAF!!! Congratulations :emoji_thumbsup:
I hope you all are having a good time on your vacation.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Great news Robert and let us know how your work on the upgrade turns out. :emoji_thumbsup:
KyleS

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
We all love the hardware, the equipment. But I think it particularly fitting that an HTFer, one of the mods no less, was able actually to name a film being shown! :)
Go, HTF! (Feeling a little patiotic here.)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Whoot! Gratz RAF! So does this mean you're web page will see an update with LOTS more pics for us to gaze at and wonder when our HT will look as good :)
Brian

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
mmm... DLP
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Congrats RAF! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Those Runcos are NICE :)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
RAF, here's to really hoping you get the CL-700. I would think the Sony is worth keeping over the CL-500 but the 700 would be a worthy replacement. Keep us posted.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I cut a sweet deal with Runco and a CL-700 will be coming my way in December. I'll let you know how things work out. Stay tuned.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
RAF, keep me posted Ill be in NJ in mid December and can calibrate it then.

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks