What's new

A question for those who own "The Big Lebowski" (1 Viewer)

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
At IMDB, the DVD details of "The Big Lebowski" say that it was released on October 27, 1998 and features a thirty minute interview with The Coen Brothers. At the same time, Amazon.com lists the DVD as being released June 3, 2003, with a "The Making Of The Big Lebowski" documentary included. That same documentary is listed on IMDB as featuring not only the brothers, but also Jeff Bridges and John Goodman, and being made in 1998. So my questions are, is one of these websites wrong about the release date, and is the 30 minute interview with The Coen Brothers the same thing as the documentary? I don't understand why the same DVD would be released twice, 5 years apart with the exact same single special feature.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Its definetly the same doc, really more of a featurette. I suspect that the disc went out of print for a little while since it was released by Polygram initially who was swallowed up by universal. This is probably a new printing from universal.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, there are two versions of both "The Big Lebowski" and "The Man Who Wasn't There" from when Universal aquired Polygram and USA Films, respectively. Other than the changed logos, the new versions are identical in every way.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I wonder if the Universal version is still Region 0 like the Polygram one was...

Excellent flick though, highly recommended.

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
I am ashamed of you people! How can a Big Lebowski thread go on for nearly 24 hours without the obligatory dialogue quotes?

"Nice marmot"

Jough

Stunt Coordinator
Did Universal screw up the packaging in some way when they re-released it? ;)

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member

Oh, Dude, pig is not the known nonmenclature....police officer, really.

"Nothing is fucked?! The god damm plane has crashed into the mountain!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks