What's new

A question for Pioneer 811 owners (1 Viewer)

Kevin Parker

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys,
I wuz just wondering how other 811 owners set their bass xover, for me it sounds better if I set it on 200 which makes sound richer and I hear more bass, I tried 100 first but on that setting I Dont hear much bass and sound become little thin. but it could be my sub, it is not good, its an old kenwood.

aldamon

Second Unit
I have my 811 crossover set to 100 with a DLS 10" sub and an NSP-1 setup and it sounds fine. I do have to keep my sub on "On" though instead of "Auto" because on Auto the DLS turns itself during lulls.

I imagine the crossover setting is going to differ for everyone though.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I keep my crossover at 100. This keeps my sub (RCA 12" 200Watts) from trying to hit notes higher than it can, and focusing it's power on a range it's comfortable with. Also, my mains (sony ss-mb300h) are pretty solid all the way down around 60hz, so going down to 100 isn't a problem for them. You should base your crossover choice based mostly on your mains. Set your crossover to the lowest possible w/ out going below the frequency range of your speakers.

Hanwook_K

Stunt Coordinator
What kind of main speakers? Its hard to recommend a setting without knowing the capability of the main speakers or the sub (old kenwood).

My guess is that the 100-150hz (is there a setting between 100-200?) setting will provide you with a cleaner sound and more acurate. Do you have Video Essentials and an SPL level to make sure that the sub is at the right volume level? Ideally, the sub should be crossed over 80hz or below where the typical person can not localize the bass.

I think you're doing the right thing - listen to your ears to tell you what sounds good.

Kevin Parker

Stunt Coordinator
I have infinity interlude IL10 mains and IL25c center, and I Dont know the model number of my sub, but its one of those subs which have speaker inside and a big enclosure at the back. maybe it will help a bit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks