What's new

A question about the Crossover dial on the back of my sub (1 Viewer)

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Avia sub calibration page
I've read the above thread and haven't found an exact answer to what I'm looking for. OK here goes...
I have my Yammy RX-V530 set to ALL SMALL. Now the Yammy then sends anything 90Hz and below to the sub. I also have the sub's LFE IN hooked up to the receivers LFE OUT. I dont have a crossover setting within the AMP, I need to use the dial on the back of the sub, which I have dialed all the way up to 150Hz. Does this crossover even control the LFE input, say I turned it down to 100Hz, would I lose the range from 100-120? I realize that leaving the crossover opened up all the way is the way to go, but I was just curious as I want to understand fully how my system operates. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
You wouldn't exactly loose the 100-120hz range of the LFE signal. It would just be attenuated at the rate of the slope of your subs variable low pass filter. Likely 12dB/octave (a doubling of frequency is an octave, so like 16-32, 32-64, 64-128 etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks