What's new

A little torn here (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Well here's the situation: I have a mish mash of speakers and I want/need to have a unified soundfield. Here are the possible paths I see:

I could save up to buy a pair of Polk LSi's to match the LSi center I have (originally bought it as the first part of an eventual upgrade to Polk LSi). This would take awhile as they are not cheap and it would be a long time before I had a complete system.

I could get some B-stock Rocket speakers up front and eventually replace my center channel. This has some appeal because the R250's use the Vifa Ring Radiator as does the LSi center.

OR I could just sell everything and buy some JBL speakers on the cheap. Models I'm looking at are JBL S36II, JBL S38II-Z, S26II, or the new E50. Not sure which is the best of these models but that's for another thread.

In a perfect world money wouldnt' be an issue and I could just buy the LSi's as I planned, but the more I look at it the more I dont' see it happening. Any thoughts on a plan of action would be appreciated.

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
Allen Longcor says:

Just a word of caution. Crossover frequencies and slopes can influence a speaker timber. Just because they share the same tweeter does not guarantee a "voicing" match.

Also, if I recall correctly, there is more than one version of the VIFA driver.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
What do you have right now as far as speakers go. All I can gather is that you have a polk LSI center. Maybe selling your surrounds and fronts to try to afford the LSI fronts may be the way to go. But I dont know what you have. :D

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
John: I know they wouldn't be a true match, I would just be using the LSi center until I could replace it with a Rocket center.

Jesse: Right now I have Eosone RSF400's up front and Energy eXL15's for surrounds. I'm trying to sell both and have them listed in the hardware for sale section. They are good but older speakers so I may have to try my hand on ebay to see if I can find a buyer. The plan right now is to see if I can sell the fronts and surrounds regardless for some cash, and then depending on my course of action sell the center.

Frank: I've tried ebay before and didn't find anything but I'll definitely try again. Perhaps audiogon too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks