What's new

a leftover ctr speaker as rear ctr (1 Viewer)

Will_S

Auditioning
as a interm solution, i was wondering how a leftover jbl n-series center channel speaker might function as a rear center. I am upgrading my speaker's to monitor 5's and a cc 370 with mini monitor's as surrounds. i will probably go with a dipole rear ctr but was wondering how a front center will perform in the meantime.
also if anybody could recommend a good interlaced dvd player
looking at
sony dvp-ns300s
sony dvp-ns500
sony dvp-s570d
panisonic rv-31s
panasonic rv-60
jvc xv-s45gd
hitachi dvp-415u
yamaha-s510
I am not able to take advantage of progressive scan players with my wega 32", but am interested in the best possible interlaced picture in a player progressive or not.

Mark F Hall

Agent
That's what I did and it sounded great until I upgraded my receiver to Denon 4802 and put in 2 rear surrounds.
Hope that helps,
Mark

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I added a center back channel to my system with a Smart Devices CS-3X, Jr., and I used an unused Def Tech C1 center channel as my rear back channel. When I upgraded to a Lexicon and added Logic 7, with two additional rear surround speakers, I kept the C1 center rear in place, so I'm using 5 surround speakers -- two sides, two rears, and the lone center back. Sounds great to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks