What's new

A Hard Day's Night Pan & Scan from Miramax?!? (2 Viewers)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The only options would to either include a simulation of the mono from the 5.1 track and also the restoration 5.1 track.
They could have included the analog mono track from the original domestic laserdisc. It was listenable. Also, it has been reported that an even better mono track exists on a Japanese import laserdisc.

Our history should not be discarded. It is important to include original tracks, even if not up to today's standards.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
the 5.1 version that played in theatres was only mildly different from the original mono. I saw Miramax's version on two different occasions, and I recall everything other than the music being in mono. And the songs were remixed from the original tapes to sound like they are supposed to in the mono version but with a little ambience.
Believe me, I've seen this movie nearly a hundred times since the first MPI video came out, and I think the Miramax version is quite acceptable.

I'll also point out that if you want to hear a restored mono soundtrack, look around for a VHS copy of A Hard Day's Night recorded from American Movie Classics. This is the best version available without the stereo music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks