What's new

A Free DVD demo at your local stores (1 Viewer)

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
Nintendo is now distributing a "free" DVD at various stores that can be played on any DVD player. Look for a picture of Metroid on top of a Platinum Gamecube system. The DVD has a menu that allows the viewer to watch about 24 or so of their upcoming or existing video games. It has Metroid Prime, Madden 2003, Star Fox Adventures, Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, Mario Party 4, James Bond 007: Nightfire, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of the Cortex, Super Monkey Ball 2, Need for Speed 2, Star Wars: Clone Wars, Dragon's Lair 3D, Vexx, and many more demo footage for the Gamecube and Gameboy Advance. It also has features for DVD-ROM. It's not too bad for being "free".

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it is free just like the many AOL CDs, only this is a DVD and it's worth getting for free. I was just putting quotes around the word "free". Sorry for the confusion.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
So I should just walk into a Toys R Us or a Target or something and it'll be sitting on the counter for me to just pick up?

What should I specifically do to obtain this? My wife's been itching for a GameCube, just for the Zelda game that will eventually come out. I would like to see if there's anything else we'll play before investing. This sounds like a decent way to scout that out. Thanks!

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
"So I should just walk into a Toys R Us or a Target or something and it'll be sitting on the counter for me to just pick up?"

You should be able to. Nintendo is supposedly shipping over 3 million of these sample DVDs. I got mine in Software Etc. and they had about 50 or more.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Since Software Etc. and Funcoland (and Gamestop & Babbages, too) are all the same chain (I was an Etc. mgr. for over 10 years!), I swung into Funcoland on the way to the dentist today and snagged one of these. Total time in-store: 2 minutes, including free cookies. :eek:

Erwin

Stunt Coordinator
"Since Software Etc. and Funcoland (and Gamestop & Babbages, too) are all the same chain (I was an Etc. mgr. for over 10 years!), I swung into Funcoland on the way to the dentist today and snagged one of these. Total time in-store: 2 minutes, including free cookies."
Hey, free things are not all bad and you actually had to pay for the dentist which probably wasn't nearly as fun :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Well, because I was on the was to the dentist, I didn't actually take any cookies. I had already had a chilidog for lunch, and I figured anything else was just plain rude. :wink:

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I checked the Electronics Boutique near me and they didn't know anything about it. Any chance some kind soul could grab one for me? I'd pay for the shipping...

Jimmy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks