What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Zombieland: Double Tap -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
If you liked the original Zombieland, which came out a decade ago, you may also find Double Tap fun, although there's much here that's repetitive and overall, of lesser quality. Is it an unnecessary sequel? I'm not certain, but it's still a way to spend 100 minutes toward mindless fun.

The film was shot digitally, and completed as a 2k DI, so don't go in expecting true 4k quality. But it's fine. The original was shot on film. Same director, Ruben Fleischer.

Audio presented in DTS:X is room filling, and nicely nuanced.

The really big news here is that the film is presented in IMAX Enhanced, "for fully immersive picture & sound."

Shortly after starting the film via projection, I detected a slight rumble from my sub, followed by something odd coming from my screen. A moment later, I was viewing the film on a 70 foot screen, four stories high.

IMAX Enhanced actually works. If however, you live in a dwelling shared by other families, I'd not suggest using it, as properties belonging to others may be damaged during a screening.

I've not tried IMAX Enhanced on a flat panel, as I fear that it may cause irreparable damage, and OLED panels don't come cheap.

IGN will tell you that the film is "just as great as the first Zombieland."

I hate to disagree with their reviewers, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Almost worth picking up solely for the Columbia logo.

Image – 5

Audio – 5 (DTS:X)

Pass / Fail – Pass

RAH

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
This was a fun popcorn film. I only streamed in 4K. Will have to check out Imax mode, although if screen becomes 4 stories I will have to do some roof repair.....

NoDTMF

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Re:
I've not tried IMAX Enhanced on a flat panel, as I fear that it may cause irreparable damage, and OLED panels don't come cheap.

I don’t understand this comment, how would this cause damage?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Re:

I don’t understand this comment, how would this cause damage?
It’s a joke. RAH ‘s comments are usually tinged with sarcasm and humor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks