What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Victor / Victoria -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Am I pronouncing it right?
Is that Leslie Ann/drews?
Or is it Julie Ann/...um...er...oh, well, never mind.:huh:

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
A great film with a lot of heart and humour, and quite progressive for its time. I look forward to picking this up. The commentary track by Blake Edwards ans Julie Andrews well worth a listen.
Now that, alone - with them together - would be well worth the price of admission.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
That's the date on Warner Archive's site too, so Amazon may have gotten muddled or misinformed with their original release date.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
That's the date on Warner Archive's site too, so Amazon may have gotten muddled or misinformed with their original release date.

My suspicion (and I have no proof - only conjecture) is that the Bros Warner are using their allotted manufacturing time to produce the ouvre of one Prince Rogers Nelson (recently deceased) who had a contract with same and apparently depending upon his opinions said company went only by his first name or an unpronounceable symbol.

I say that only because said material is ubiquitous in retail establishments after having not been available ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_(musician)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Well tomorrow is the 14th and it still hasn't moved out of the "we need a little time" phase so I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: PMF

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yesterday I received an email from Amazon notifying me that the new release date is June 21st.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Just received an email from amazon; Victoria will be arriving 6/21 along with Molly Brown. Julie and Debbie in one shipment, yeah! A slight irony in that Julie won her Oscar the year Debbie was nom'd for Molly.

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
One of the many joys of this film are the character actors whose "characterizations" are comic gems. The waiter, the receptionist, the detective hired to spy on Victor, et. al. Blake Edwards was always great at finding and using these performers in his films.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Target has this Blu-ray on sale for $16.99 and if you have a red card, it is $16.14 after the discount and free shipping (again, for Red Card purchases). They are selling it online only.

I was going to wait, but that made it easy to purchase now.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Lesley Ann also started her film career at Disney.

And I am praying The Happiest Millionaire comes out on blu-ray soon, and hopefully, if it is a Disney Club exclusive, they have gotten wiser and will add lossless audio to those club blu-rays. I'd hate to see it come out and it's lossy.

I am so excited for Victor Victoria, I had no idea it was from a new remaster from this year, the Warner email says, "This sparkling Blu-ray, sourced from an all-new 2016 remaster, presents Victor/Victoria looking - and sounding - more seductive than ever."

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
One of the many joys of this film are the character actors whose "characterizations" are comic gems. The waiter, the receptionist, the detective hired to spy on Victor, et. al. Blake Edwards was always great at finding and using these performers in his films.

Herb "Sherloque" Tanney who plays the detective was Blake and Julie's doctor. Blake found a small part for him in most of his films starting with Darling Lili.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Target has this Blu-ray on sale for $16.99 and if you have a red card, it is $16.14 after the discount and free shipping (again, for Red Card purchases). They are selling it online only.

I was going to wait, but that made it easy to purchase now.

Thanks for the heads-up Mark! I just cancelled my Amazon order and picked it up here instead.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I hate these "Archive" releases. They're impossible to get in Canada for less than $35, compared to around $15 for standard Warner discs.

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
I find if you wait secondary sellers then get them and you can buy them on Amazon.ca I bought a few that way,(Yankee Doodle, Gypsy, Kismet) mostly from Import CDs. (For example, the Blu-ray of Deep in Your Heart is available for just under $21 Canadian). It just means you have to wait a while. Also, the HMV store in downtown Toronto has started stocking them, so perhaps you can get them from HMV on line, or where you live.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I find if you wait secondary sellers then get them and you can buy them on Amazon.ca I bought a few that way,(Yankee Doodle, Gypsy, Kismet) mostly from Import CDs. (For example, the Blu-ray of Deep in Your Heart is available for just under $21 Canadian). It just means you have to wait a while. Also, the HMV store in downtown Toronto has started stocking them, so perhaps you can get them from HMV on line, or where you live.
Hi Glenn!

In Canada, when it comes to ordering media at a comparable to U.S. price point, our patience is often tested, to be sure!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

Virgoan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron Pulliam
I hate these "Archive" releases. They're impossible to get in Canada for less than $35, compared to around $15 for standard Warner discs.

Amazon.com sells these titles are prices comparable to Warner Archive prices. Would that work for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks