What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Underworld -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
With all of the new (and a few catalog) titles appearing on 4k UHD with HDR, I've found most are either interesting, or really don't gain that much with the addition of HDR.

When they do, it's obvious, but since it's added to everything at the moment, some just don't cut it.

The re-issue of Len Wiseman's Underworld, the 2003 vampire / werewolf epic in 4k with HDR, is a prime reason for those who are set up to view properly, to celebrate, as the richness of the black with blue highlights that glisten throughout the film, are now front and center.

And gorgeous.

If you don't have a representative copy of the film, this is the one to secure.

If you do, this is one of the few thus far, that absolutely worth the upgrade, especially with the addition of Dolby Atmos. Audio was originally Sony's 8-channel SDDS.

While the film did not garner great reviews upon release, it remains a fun ride.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

4k - 5*

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We just screened this tonight and I couldn't agree more Mr. Harris. It's a marvelous 4K UHD release.
I viewed that today and agree with the opinions posted here. With so many dark scenes, this 4K/UHD release stands out.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have to concur. It does look pretty good. Blacks looked very good and detail appeared to stand out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks