What's new

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
Also in the trailer Day flashes her red panties in the 'curtain call' which she does not do in the actual film so they're using different takes.

Interesting! In the 30s and 40s they almost always used alternate takes to make up the trailers because the films themselves were being cut at the same time the trailers were being prepared and they didn't want to use dupes. I didn't realize they were still doing it as late as 1957 but you're exactly right!

Reactions: PMF

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Interesting! In the 30s and 40s they almost always used alternate takes to make up the trailers because the films themselves were being cut at the same time the trailers were being prepared and they didn't want to use dupes. I didn't realize they were still doing it as late as 1957 but you're exactly right!
No quality dupes. Same situation until the mid ‘80s.

Last edited:

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
So Damn Yankees for March.
Very happy I got to see Jerry Lewis on stage in it.
Moi aussi, twice at the Pantages, Hollywood. It happened to be playing during the World Series that year (with the Damn Yankees and Atlanta Braves) and they kept updating the score in the lobby.

Drew Salzan

Second Unit
I just received mine today. I’m watching it now. All I can say is “WOW!” Perfect color timing and resolution. I suspect that the color separations were utilized for this. TPG has never looked or sounded better on home video. It’s a no brainer to finally retire your DVD snapper case.

Gerani53

Second Unit
Real Name
Gary Gerani
Yes, absolutely breathtaking. I had forgotten DAMN YANKEES! was a Technicolor movie, and not another WarnerColor film, like THE PAJAMA GAME (which, regardless, looks marvelous in its latest restored WB incarnation). We're not talking a three-strip pre-'55, of course, but it doesn't have to be. The single negative/separations/whatever produce an amazingly luminous image, and the 1.85 gives the whole affair a nice widescreen sense of spectacle. Nirvana for classic movie AND classic musical fans!

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I had the pleasure of seeing John Raitt in person in 'Shenendoah' at the Long Beach Civic Theater many years ago. It was a wonderful performance in a somewhat forgotten musical. The entire production was outstanding. After the performance Mr. Raitt autographed programs in the lobby. A very generous performer.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had the pleasure of seeing John Raitt in person in 'Shenendoah' at the Long Beach Civic Theater many years ago. It was a wonderful performance in a somewhat forgotten musical. The entire production was outstanding. After the performance Mr. Raitt autographed programs in the lobby. A very generous performer.
I envy you. His voice would have been perfect for Charlie Anderson.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks