What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Lincoln Lawyer -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I enjoyed The Lincoln Lawyer in it's Blu-ray incarnation.

Five or so years after the Blu-ray, we now have the film in 4k UHD with a pleasant layer of HDR atop.

Still a fine film, shot digitally, and with a quality Blu-ray in place.

For those who may not have the Blu-ray, 4k will now be the way to go, especially as it's being offered at under $17 at street price.

For those who already have the Blu, and even though the new release offers an audio upgrade in Atmos, best to stick with what you have, and spend your dollars on films that have real visual upgrades in the new format, or new large format 4k.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

4k - 5

Upgrade from Blu-ray - Don't bother

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, when this 4K/UHD release was announced I thought it was a strange title for an upgrade to 4K/UHD. I plan on spending my monies on other 4K/UHD titles.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Lionsgate indicated they would be bringing their top 100 best selling titles to UHD. I would guess this falls into those parameters. I'll purchase it at some point.

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
Lionsgate indicated they would be bringing their top 100 best selling titles to UHD. I would guess this falls into those parameters. I'll purchase it at some point.

I hope "Hell Or High Water" falls into that category then :)

Michel_Hafner

Screenwriter
Again I see reports that this is not a 2K DI upscale but a 4K scan of of a filmout made from the DI. This Lionsgate approach is becoming annoying, if that is what they do. Don't tell me they think scanning a filmout is real 4K while using the DI is only 2K. That would be asinine. Too lazy to retrieve the files from the vault? WHAT IS GOIN ON?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks