What's new

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
For the sake of others reading this thread, I will concede Friedkin.
star wars GIF
;) ...

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The people who know how movies shot on film are supposed to look seem to all have migrated to Warner Archive.
The film is 25 years old. Maybe they should have let the fine folks at WA handle it? In case you were not feeling old, when blu-ray debuted in 2006, this would be analogous to a film produced in 1981.:eek:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
The film is 25 years old. Maybe they should have let the fine folks at WA handle it? In case you were not feeling old, when blu-ray debuted in 2006, this would be analogous to a film produced in 1981.:eek:

That doesn't make me feel old, as 1981 seems like... well, it doesn't seem like yesterday, but it also doesn't seem like 40 years ago.

Now if you go back 25 years before 1981, 1956 feels ancient!

I think anything that happened before you were maybe 3 might as well have happened decades earlier - and anything you remember from like 4 on feels "recent"!

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
That doesn't make me feel old, as 1981 seems like... well, it doesn't seem like yesterday, but it also doesn't seem like 40 years ago.

Now if you go back 25 years before 1981, 1956 feels ancient!

I think anything that happened before you were maybe 3 might as well have happened decades earlier - and anything you remember from like 4 on feels "recent"!
I tend to consider the differential of time.

When working on Rear Window in 1998 or thereabouts, the film was 46 years old.

Go back 46 years from the production of RW, and you’ll find yourself in 1907.

In the history of cinema RW (with its fades built in to the OCN) arrived only 14 years after GWTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks