What's new

Blu-ray Review International A Few Words About A few words about…™ Sabotage – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Alfred Hitchcock's 1936 Sabotage, from the UK firm Network (yes, it Region B locked) fares far better than its stable-make, Young and Innocent as far as overall quality.

While there's still a bit of movement in the frame, it's nowhere near what one will find in Y & I, and overall image quality (via clean-up - or element selection or availability) is also far above.

Shadow detail is fine, especially for a dupe. Grain appears pleasant. Black levels are also fine. Really no problems here, and since viewing Y & I, they were expected.

For those wondering where Sabotage fits into the Hitchcock CV, it fall before Y & I, and after Secret Agent.

Well worth your time.

Image – 4

Audio – 4 (Monaural)

Pass / Fail – Pass

Plays nicely with projectors - Yes

Worth your attention - 8

Slipcover rating - n/a

Upgrade from DVD - Yes

Recommended

RAH

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I haven't watch neither Network Blu-rays of Sabotage nor Young and Innocent in their entirety. Too much other crap is going on right now.

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
Sadly I think I read elsewhere that Network are going out of business so grab this now while you can.

In addition to so many other great titles, they also released the definitive restored bluray boxset of the classic WWII documentary 'The World At War' narrated by Laurence Olivier.

And it is the only version available in the correct aspect ratio of 1.33:1

I cannot remember if this UK release is region locked, but if anyone is interested I can check.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks