What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Pet Sematary -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Mary Lambert's Pet Sematary, based upon the novel by the prolific Stephen King, is something that's going to be very much in the eye of the beholder, especially as far as quality.

As a film, it's just okay. Although I presume that Mr. King's fans will rejoice that it's finally arrived on Blu-ray.

As a Blu-ray, it shines.

A very nice transfer, from what appears to be an interpositive, baths us in all the correct colors and densities. Grain is left unbothered, and looks fine. The audio, presented in both Dolby Digital, as well as DTS-HD MA is perfect.

Bottom line.

A okay little film, represented by a beautiful Blu-ray disc. If only finer films received this kind of treatment.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

RAH

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I always enjoyed this movie although the ending got a little...well...over-the-top for me. However, I have fond memories seeing this with a friend while I was in 11th grade (1989) on a Friday opening night packed with teenagers. Fun times and memories. I'll pick it up at a good price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks