What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Citizen Kane -- in Blu-ray (2 Viewers)

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
I did read the same thing on website Wellesnet on the burned negative. I wonder if Warner Bros. will do anything for it's 80th anniversary this year?

At least we assumed it was gone (due to a vault fire), but I still feel like throwing up knowing it might've survived had that administrative lackey not sent it to the glue factory.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
We’re there really “RKO Executives” in 1991??
This story doesn’t quite sound right to me.
IMHO, “Executives” is the operative word. And when you’ve got a plural like that, you’ve got a recipe for outcomes like these.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yes, but Kane was then controlled by Turner Broadcasting. The story doesn’t sound right, maybe Mr. Harris would know more about the Kane lost negative.
I'm sure it's "in Brazil" with the uncut Ambersons and King Kong (1933) ;) ... or as the post indicated it's possibly...
1614714193089.png

part of a silver tea and coffee set from the Michael C Fina company :(

• Haha
Reactions: PMF

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Thanks to a 80 year old negative movie review that was recently unearthed by Rotten Tomatoes as part of the site's Archival Project made Citizen Kane lose it's 100% "fresh" score. The negative review ran in the Chicago Tribune days after the film came out in theaters. I think Orson would have had a good laugh about that.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
A very informative podcast on Kane's 80th anniversary with interviews with Chicago Tribune critic Michael Phillips, TCM director of original programming Scott McGee, and film historian Joseph McBride.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks