What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Blood Father -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Whatever one thinks regarding Mel Gibson's self-created, obligatory exile from the world of cinema, one cannot -- all of the BS aside -- deny either his craft or his star qualities.

Because of those qualities, and his past accomplishments, I'm one of those who is hopeful that he has a long career ahead, as I look forward to Hacksaw Ridge.

Jean-Francois Richet's Blood Father may just be the proof that one needs to give him those next shots. He's only sixty, and in a handsome, western, weathered way, looks every one of those years, and more.

The film is virtually a two-character-driven piece, about an ex-con father, his troubled daughter, and her troubles that arrive his way.

Both he and Erin Moriarty, who I had only seen once before in True Detective, are superb.

The Bl-ray is a down-rez from the DI, and looks terrific.

The film has been released by Lionsgate, and is currently available for under $18 on Amazon,

A relatively simple, entertaining film. Hopefully sales will help get his career back on track.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Recommended

RAH

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks