What's new

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Finally got a chance to watch the 4K. It looks absolutely gorgeous but the 5.1 audio is… unlistenable. I A-B’d the old blu-ray to compare the 5.1 mixes and while I cannot confirm if the 4K includes an entirely new re-mix from the stems or is an overly sweetened and expanded repurposing of the existing 5.1 (to the point of revealing what appears to be intermodulation distortion in the dialog stem), but it is IMHO unacceptable. Thank goodness the orig mono mix is included on the 4K, albeit in lossy Dolby Digital. It sounds fine but I do miss the stereo music queues. This and Mad Max The Road Warrior - whoever is overseeing the audio at WB really needs to rethink what they are doing.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I love Kubrick but after about 20 minutes of Orange I walked out. It was such as assault. Imagine my dismay to find out Adreienne Corri who I loved so much in Renoir's magnificent The River was the woman who was so violently raped in the Kubrick film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I love Kubrick but after about 20 minutes of Orange I walked out. It was such as assault. Imagine my dismay to find out Adreienne Corri who I loved so much in Renoir's magnificent The River was the woman who was so violently raped in the Kubrick film.
So I guess you won’t be purchasing this 4K disc.:)

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
I'll buy it simply to display it on my shelf to show I am a sophisticated cineaste rather than my true self who just wants to see a good Betty Grable musical or Bob Hope comedy.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
I find that the older I get, the tougher it is to get thru the first reel. Still love the film!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks