What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Twilight Zone: Season One -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by Craig Beam

Disc 4 won't even load on my PS3. I get a "cannot play this video" error message.

hmmm..well I know there has been a lot of talk about firmware but this makes no sense ...plays ok on your other player but doesn't on your PS3 but does on mine. There is no real pattern to all this...almost like it just plays when it wants to. Do you have an older PS3 or the newer slim version? It's the last thing I can think of.

I also noticed one thing about the discs...around the outer edge(not the play/readable area) there is sone lumpy silver buildup along the edge that doesn't seem normal as it shouldl be smooth. I wonder if all discs have this and if so if it's too heavy does it somehow effect playback.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
My PS3 is a couple of years old.... not the newer slim version. All PS3s have the same OS, though, so I don't think that's the problem. I think I've got a finicky disc.... which is fine, as long as my Samsung player can play it. If Image does any exchange program, though, I'll definitely take advantage of it. So far they haven't replied to my email....

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Originally Posted by Craig Beam

My PS3 is a couple of years old.... not the newer slim version. All PS3s have the same OS, though, so I don't think that's the problem. I think I've got a finicky disc.... which is fine, as long as my Samsung player can play it. If Image does any exchange program, though, I'll definitely take advantage of it. So far they haven't replied to my email....

I have the slim version and your right it shouldn't make a difference but then again I would be curious to see if anyone else with older PS3 models have problems. Anyway, yes Image needs to get on this for the people who are having issues.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Its not all fixable with a firmwere update,the BR's are defective ,you only notice it if you play all the ep's ,those who can't

even get BR's to Play might fix one problem with firmwere,but not all problems,Image really screwed up on this

Now I have to send it back to Deepdiscount hoping they don't just send another defective set,ugh!

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Discs 1 and 4 play fine in my Pioneer 09. I haven't tried the other discs yet.

Trevtpir

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Trevor
It should work on ANY type of Blu-ray player! That's why I'm pushing for an exchange! Image really messed up the manufacturing on these. They should do something! If they want season 2 to sell well, they darn well better fix season 1's problems and help the unfortunates that got tempremental discs like myself. Hopefully Amazon has sent Image a message on this point by stopping orders.

Van594

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Well so much for that...Amazon has it listed as back in stock again so I doubt they fixed anything that quick. They also raised the price of the second season set to $70, same as the first season

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I've seen that happen before on Amazon. At one point they stopped taking orders for the infamous Hammer Horror Collection DVDs, then resumed them with no comment. Likewise, one or two of the Ultimate Bond box sets.

Also, I noticed with Twilight Zone that their notice about problems being reported was up for a couple of days, then it went away even though they still weren't taking orders. No apparent rhyme or reason to this. Worse, it doesn't ever appear that it results in the problem getting fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks