What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The French Connection II -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
John Frankenheimer's French Connection II (1975) has been released concurrent with FC I, and as opposed to the changes in imagery for the original, FCII has been brought to Blu-ray as it looked originally.

One of the most major changes, along with that of director from Friedkin to Frankenheimer, is that of cinematographer, moving from the brilliant, gritty look given to NYC by Mr. Roizman, the European locations are handed over to Claude Renoir, camera operator on his uncle Jean's Grand Illusion, as well as other productions such as Barbarella and The Spy Who Loved Me. Totally different, and allow me to do on the record as saying that I cannot imagine anyone else having photographed the first.

The image on the Blu-ray is lovely, film-like and a terrific representation of the film.

In my opinion the film does not share the greatness of the original, but is a nice film nonetheless.

Recommended.

RAH

Carter of Mars

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Carter
Too bad they still can't find the deleted footage that Frankenheimer talks about on the commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks