What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
iqymc.jpg

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
This has become very frivolous. But that's entirely appropriate of course. It's a wonderful movie, my personal favourite in the series. Now I'm hoping for Follow the Fleet, Gay Divorcee and Top Hat at the very least, also featuring some composers no-one's heard of.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Pre-Ordered through Target.com using $10 Target gift card via cartwheel for buying groceries .. plus Red Card discount under- $22.00 shipped

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Are the transfers done for several of these already? Noticed several of the Rogers/Astaire musicals up on the Xbox video store with HD transfers from Warner Brothers.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
I'll surely get this but my favorite is Top Hat. I also love The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle and The Barkleys of Broadway.

verneaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bill
Fred Astaire and Jerome Kern were planning to make a series of films about Robert Louis Stevenson but only the first one, Robert-A, was filmed. Robert-B never got made...

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
My Swing Time disc is shown in Amazon's queue as still just ordered but not shipped.
Not good enough for a pre-purchase dated April 9,.
Is anyone else experiencing shipment problems?

david hare

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david hare
Nope, got mine. The image quality is interesting, we are far from O-Neg ville here. I don't know if you've seen it but there's an itunes 720p HD Gay Divorcee around the place which looks terrificand very nice white and black levels. I remember years ago Feltenstein said the Astaire Rogers RKOs were "a mixed bag". One thing that's finally corrected on Swing Time is that hideous audio compression and manipulation that used to whomp with rapit transients (high to low levels.)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My Swing Time disc is shown in Amazon's queue as still just ordered but not shipped.
Not good enough for a pre-purchase dated April 9,.
Is anyone else experiencing shipment problems?
I ordered through Target.com and received mine today ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks