What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Pillow Talk -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor
It looks great, although I would have liked less degraining (like RH). A funny moment for me came with the split screen of Doris in bed and Rock in a space on the top right of the screen. A fly flew in front of the TV screen... until I noticed it was not in front, it was in the screen. At the edge of Doris Day's bed in that shot for the first time ever after multiple viewings I saw a little fly buzzing around at the foot of Doris's bed.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Michael Rogers said:
It looks great, although I would have liked less degraining (like RH). A funny moment for me came with the split screen of Doris in bed and Rock in a space on the top right of the screen. A fly flew in front of the TV screen... until I noticed it was not in front, it was in the screen. At the edge of Doris Day's bed in that shot for the first time ever after multiple viewings I saw a little fly buzzing around at the foot of Doris's bed.
Watching the blu-ray of THE MUSIC MAN I noticed that, during "Til There Was You", a fly lands on Shirley Jones' hair in a shot where the camera is shooting over her shoulder. I had never noticed that before and I have seen that movie on giant movie theatre screens quite a few times.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
More than a week has gone by since I said I'd be watching it, but I just did, and thoroughly enjoyed seeing it all the way through for the first time in years. Okay, make that decades. Totally delightful, and I made the mistake of listening to the first ten minutes of commentary by Nick Redman and Julie Kirgo. It's just as well I had to put it on hold to feed the cats, because I probably wouldn't get through it now, but it had me riveted from the start and I shall look forward to returning to it tomorrow. What is a great package of eye and ear candy.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
My awareness of Twilight Time came about in January of 2014. And my further awareness of the infectious and informative commentary tracks of Nick Redman and Julie Kirgo was that of a happy accident that came about in 2016. Until that time, I wasn’t really attuned to anything beyond the films, itself. Needless to say, I quickly became hooked and backtracked on my earlier purchases of TT titles to rediscover a treasure trove of commentary tracks, rendering my discs as being akin to brand-new and something of an altogether sweeter investment.

Eventually, I wrote Twilight Time and asked if it was known as to when this teaming first began and on which title. The official answer from Mr. Redman was “The Way We Were”; which was released in November of 2013.

Well, that may had been the specific answer in terms of their Twilight Time period, but having just purchased “Pillow Talk” I had the pleasant discovery of finding a Nick and Julie commentary track that accompanied this Universal disc; which was reviewed upon this thread by Robert Harris some 18 months prior to their charter appearance together, within their own brand.

So, for those unaware and for those who might enjoy a nostalgic return to happier times, I suggest a purchase of the wonderful and light-as-a-feather “Pillow Talk”.

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
My awareness of Twilight Time came about in January of 2014. And my further awareness of the infectious and informative commentary tracks of Nick Redman and Julie Kirgo was that of a happy accident that came about in 2016. Until that time, I wasn’t really attuned to anything beyond the films, itself. Needless to say, I quickly became hooked and backtracked on my earlier purchases of TT titles to rediscover a treasure trove of commentary tracks, rendering my discs as being akin to brand-new and something of an altogether sweeter investment.

Eventually, I wrote Twilight Time and asked if it was known as to when this teaming first began and on which title. The official answer from Mr. Redman was “The Way We Were”; which was released in November of 2013.

Well, that may had been the specific answer in terms of their Twilight Time period, but having just purchased “Pillow Talk” I had the pleasant discovery of finding a Nick and Julie commentary track that accompanied this Universal disc; which was reviewed upon this thread by Robert Harris some 18 months prior to their charter appearance together, within their own brand.

So, for those unaware and for those who might enjoy a nostalgic return to happier times, I suggest a purchase of the wonderful and light-as-a-feather “Pillow Talk”.
I bought the Blu-ray disc of Pillow Talk eight and a half years ago and I haven't watched it since then. I don't know why not. My new year resolution is to re-watch all the neglected film in my collection. It's going to be a strenuous year! :)

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
We rewatched it with friends just a week ago. It held up very well ... our friend Ruth loved it but her husband totally hated it. Nothing said on the night; Ruth told us the next day,..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks