What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Mad Max Fury Road - 3D -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Thomas Newton

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Newton
Kevin C Brown said:
Does anyone know? At Best Buy, there is a DVD version that seems to have an exclusive bonus content disc (2 DVDs). I couldn't find a picture of it on the internet or anywhere. There is a sticker that says that on the shrinkwrap. They also have the BD version, but since that version has a BD disc and just one DVD, I'm thinking there is no extra content there. So I'm thinking about picking up that DVD version just to see what's what. ??

I don't know about Best Buy "exclusive bonus content", but it looks like the DVD version and the Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital HD version have similar "standard" special features.

There is a Mad Max Anthology box set with Blu-Ray versions of all 4 films. It has a bonus DVD that apparently contains a feature-length documentary on the original Mad Max movie. I was tempted to get that set, but the lack of either a DVD copy or an iTunes copy of the new film caused me to go with the Blu-Ray + DVD version for now.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
It's a uv code with MMFR. Warner doesn't do iTunes anymore with their blu Rays.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Thomas Newton said:
I don't know about Best Buy "exclusive bonus content", but it looks like the DVD version and the Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital HD version have similar "standard" special features.

There is a Mad Max Anthology box set with Blu-Ray versions of all 4 films. It has a bonus DVD that apparently contains a feature-length documentary on the original Mad Max movie. I was tempted to get that set, but the lack of either a DVD copy or an iTunes copy of the new film caused me to go with the Blu-Ray + DVD version for now.

I had to know, so I got both versions. The bonus content is the same. But the DVD edition has the movie on 1 disc, and the bonus features on the other. The Blu-ray has everything on one disc. The DVD that's included with the BD version, only has the movie DVD disc. So if someone got the BD version for the DVD, they wouldn't be able to see the bonus stuff. Interesting that the Anthology set does have that extra feature. I'll have to remember that. :) Also hoping the b&w version of Fury Road is released sometime.

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
Robert Crawford said:
Walter corrected me and further explain his POV which I agree with. So you and I don't agree here which happens on forums like this one.

True enough. I just don't see this as a radical departure from the sequels, which are all about the exact same thing: Max intervening on behalf of others.

I agree with Walter that it's Furiosa's mission that drives the plot. But since Max's own motivations haven't driven a plot since the very first Mad Max, I don't really see that as anything new. Max still has the real character arc in the film, and we still experience the plot through his point of view. It's still Max's movie, regardless of who's driving the plot. Or the War Rig, for that matter. ;)

At least we can all agree that Fury Road is fantastic adrenaline-pumping entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks